Ever Weighed Your Ebike?

bert11

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2011
southwest England
I was pleased to discover mine weighs 24.1kg including lights, rack, battery, and both mudguards.

Its a 36v bafang 8fun 250W conversion from alien ocean

how heavy is yours?

Trex 850

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Mine weighs in at 32kg !!
Salcano Commander with Izip CB24 conversion kit,,
going to change to Schwalbe City Jet 26 x 1.5 tyres tomorrow morning- should make the going slightly easier.

Attachments

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
If I climbed on the scales holding my bike I know what they will say..
"ERR". :(

It's a good thing to check though as motorbike manufacturers are well known for quoting much less than the finished product weighs.

Last edited:

pjvenner

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 20, 2011
42kg - and my back hurts after picking it up to stand on the scales :(
(unbranded chinese made scooter style pedelec)

pjvenner

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 20, 2011
keep your back straight and bend your legs next time :D
You've seen my bike on my thread about upgrading the batteries. Could you lift that with a straight back? I'd need to attach a sling to it in order to do so.

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
21 kilos, ok i guess. Although most the weight is on the rear. I.ve also removed the mud guards.

Although rack could be lighter as its a real heavy beast. Could probably shave a kilo off it.

bert11

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2011
southwest England
21 kilos, ok i guess. Although most the weight is on the rear. I.ve also removed the mud guards.

Although rack could be lighter as its a real heavy beast. Could probably shave a kilo off it.
Similar kit to mine and 3kg less, that sounds like a good job. The silver battery rack is certainly a beast on mine, I used to have an alloy halfords rack before I went electric and the electric rack is 3x as heavy.

I'm sure a much lighter rack could be achieved when the battery is stored vertically down the seat post

HittheroadJ

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2010
Northern Ireland, BT1
The meerkat is 32Kg.
The Big Apples added some weight (over the Kendas).
A basket at the front (12.95 at Argos) 1 Kg
A child Seat (4 Kg)
Lights etc. 0.2 Kg
When necessary I add a second battery 7 Kg