Exposure Revo "anyone used this lighting for communting

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Hi

i have a diablo mk5 which i use when i go commuting i was wondering does anyone use the Exposure Revo
because i"am thinking hard about buying one because my Diablo mk5 doesn't seem to last very long at all
so i think the Exposure Revo might be the answer to everything to me charging my Diablo Mk5 all the time

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
I owned a Revo for a short time. I would say It's output claim of 800 lumens is about right and maybe slightly brighter than my 600 Lumen Exposure Strada.

Like all Exposure lights, the quality is excellent and I'm sure it would be bright enough for commuting on unlit roads.

The downside to this type of light is that the beam pattern is designed for off road riding and would probably annoy oncoming traffic.

I changed to a Busch & Muller Luxos which is bigger, uglier and not quite as bright, but has a beam pattern designed for road use.
You can also charge your Iphone from this light, though I haven't tried this function myself.

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Kenny would you think i would be better of getting the strada mk6 for commuting i have a 200 lumen front light at them moment which is ok but not great for dark roads with no street lights

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
I've owned my Strada for about eight years and use it regularly, mainly for jobs around the house. :)

It's a terrific quality light and the latest mk6 version, with increased output, would no doubt make a fantastic commuting light.

Of course, unlike a dynamo light you'd still be stuck with having to recharge every day.
That's why I went for the very good, though less bright, dynamo powered B&M Luxos for my Agattu.