Extending a Bafang speed sensor cable

Edward Long

Just Joined
Apr 7, 2012
I want to extend the speed sensor cable of the Bafang 8 Fun motor fitted to my ICE T trike. I would prefer to do do this by pluging in an extention cable rather than cutting and splicing the original one. Any suggestions on which plugs and sockets are used on the original cables. I have ordered extentions from America but this will take time and I need some more for other recumbents and a tandem any suggestions would be gratefully received, Thank you

Reactions: Lioncrunch

Amps

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 1, 2015
West Sussex
Just make your own, as I did for our tandem. Length of three core round black flex to match ... Connect each core using a little piece of stiff narrow wire; l cut the legs off an led diode but you could cut the wires of a resistor or similar ..... Just poke this up the insulation and into harness connectors and use narrow shink wrap to slide over to hold them in place and secure the individual contacts. Then finish with two layers of larger heat shrink to cover the whole of both outer connectors to hold it all firmly together. Ridden all winter off-road through mud and snow and never had a problem.
In synopsis it's just connected with shrink wrap/tube. Hope this is helpful.

Reactions: Lioncrunch

Lioncrunch

Sep 23, 2015
I want to extend the speed sensor cable of the Bafang 8 Fun motor fitted to my ICE T trike. I would prefer to do do this by pluging in an extention cable rather than cutting and splicing the original one. Any suggestions on which plugs and sockets are used on the original cables. I have ordered extentions from America but this will take time and I need some more for other recumbents and a tandem any suggestions would be gratefully received, Thank you

I have a similar problem the cable that is attached to my display is stopping me from raising the bars on my new Oxygen MTB, although it has a plug on , I need a 100mm extension.

Lioncrunch

Sep 23, 2015
Hi guys and galls, no answer yet to my question 100mm sensor extension cable for my oxygen MTB
I just love this bike, ok it's the first ebike I've owned but it is really, really fun, I can't keep off it,
It does something like 25 30 miles, although, I have had 40, all down to terrane, I live in Halifax, Hovis Bread country, if you know what I mean.
I now need to use the power( that's why I bought it) bad knees?
The only minus points I can think of are,,,
1/ Handlebars too low, see above,,
2/ Nowhere to mount water bottle or pump, have to use cable ties,
3 struggling to fit Mudguards, Blazing Saddles at Hebden Bridge, couldn't find any that would fit, can anyone help with this.
4/ Saddle hopeless, I appreciate not fault of bike.
I also bought a EMate ST For my adorable Financial manager, and ironing lady, she loves that as well, the MTB is a lot easier to ride the gearing is much better, and the motor on the ST makes a terrible din when going slow
I wonder if there's something wrong with it?