Ezee for sale

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Hi all forum folks im afraid i have to sell my fab. e-bike as a medical problem has finally beaten me nothing to serious but Doc's orders are no bike riding so i will put some pics on here if i can afraid im not to familiar with the process of posting but here goes let me know if anyone is intersted thanks T.J. P1060556.JPG P1060558.JPG P1060559.JPG P1060561.JPG P1060562.JPG P1060563.JPG

C

Cyclezee

Hi T.J.,

Sorry to hear about the "Doc's orders".

Your Sprint looks brand like new, I guess it was when you took the photos.

Good luck;)

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Hi T.J.,

Sorry to hear about the "Doc's orders".

Your Sprint looks brand like new, I guess it was when you took the photos.

Good luck;)
Hi thanks for tho's kind words , could i impose on your good self to maybe give me a figure as to what the bike might be worth ? as i dont think there is anybody more qualified to do so on this particular bike , the pictures that you see were taken two days ago and that is how the bike looks now, the battery also seems fine i have always kept it in a charged state through the winter months , for a bike of that age i think it is in remarkable condition but only because of my medical problem it didn't get ridden that much in fact it has not done more than two hundred miles if that ! thanks

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Hi TJ,
What is the price?
JCA
Hi jca 100 thanks for your interest as you can see on the post above i am just waiting for a reply from Cyclezee as to his appraisal of the bike and what he thinks it is worth i can assure you that it is all genuine what you see is indeed the bike at this moment ...thanks

C

Cyclezee

Hi TJ,

I can see that it is in mint A1 condition, the white grease on the battery rack, tyres etc., made me think the photos were taken when brand new.

Unfortunately, I can't put a value on it without more information like age, condition of battery etc.

You can work it out yourself by using Flecc's formula which is an excellent way of calculating values.

You can see the prices of the latest version here along with battery prices
http://cyclezee.com/ezee-sprint-8.html http://cyclezee.com/ezee-batteries.html

I can't remember where to find it on the forum, but I have copied and pasted what I use.

When selling and buying most vehicles the value is generally well understood and a fair price easily worked out, but with e-bikes there's clearly a problem since prices asked are often unrealistic and in many cases owners and buyers haven't any idea what the right price should be, as shown by the questions asked in here sometimes.

E-bikes are a special case since the battery forms such a very large part of the original price, but it's life is a fraction of the rest of the bike, and I'm therefore proposing a simple formula to deal with this and make it easy to assess realistic prices. Since the great majority of e-bikes use lithium batteries with around two years and/or 500 charge life, the formula is based on those.

The start point is the original new price of the bike, since in a rapidly developing field the latest price is irrelevant as new models will often have many improvements. Then to deal with the battery life problem, the battery is dealt with as a separate element on this basis:

One year old e-bike: Half the current replacement cost of a battery is established to give half value left.

Two year old bike: The whole replacement cost is established to give zero value left.

For ages in between in each of the above cases, the price established should be pro-rata, and in cases where the battery has been replaced at some point, the same pro-rata rule can be used against it's age.

Then the start point of the e-bike's separate value is estabished by deducting the current new battery price from the original purchase price and then a depreciation percentage is deducted in the same manner as for other vehicles, the initial depreciation quite high as is usual:

I year old bike: 25%
2 year old bike: 35%
3 year old bike: 45%
4 year old bike: 55%
5 year old bike: 60%
6 year old bike: 65%
7 year old bike: 70%
8 year old bike: 75%
9 year old bike: 80%

Then to the discounted price of the bike only, any residual value of the battery as established above is added back to give the fair second hand price.

Here's a typical example of a lithium batteried e-bike costing roughly £1100 originally, with today's replacement battery costing £514:

One year old, £1100 minus the rounded original battery price is £600, less the 25% depreciation of £150 but plus the £250 residual battery value = £700

Two years old the £600 bike price less 35% depreciation and no residual battery value to add = £390

That second case will shock many owners, but when one considers the battery could be at around the end of life, adding the replacement cost of £514 to that £390 brings it to £904 for a two year old £1100 e-bike, which you can see is as much as it can possibly be worth, despite the new battery. It also brings home how unrealistic the £700 is that I've just seen asked for the same age and type bike, since with the battery replaced the cost would be substantially more than the original purchase price and almost as much as a new model. On the other hand, if that two year old e-bike had just had the battery replaced, only the 35% age deduction would apply, leaving it's second hand value at £715. That's about the same as the one year old above, which is right since it's extra year of wear is offset by the new battery having the whole of it's life left instead of only a half.

Of course small adjustments can be made up or down for bike condition, but the general principle of separating the bike and battery prices is a sound way of dealing with their very different lives, and a fixed formula as suggested enables anyone to judge whether a price is fair or not.

The same method can be used for SLA batteried bikes, while for those few with NiMh batteries, the battery life can be taken as 3 years with a third of the last available price deducted for each year of use. At some time in the future LiFePO4 batteries will be adopted, though there's no sign it's about to happen, but when it does their life will probably be double that of the present batteries, so the formula is easily adapted to that sort of change .

Lastly I have experimented with a variety of differing formulae on the bike and battery separately and the above one is the only simple one that gives equitable prices across all combinations of ages and battery lives. It also allows for the improvement in second hand prices that would result from battery prices going down to former lower levels.

nightrider

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
Hi thanks for tho's kind words , could i impose on your good self to maybe give me a figure as to what the bike might be worth ? as i dont think there is anybody more qualified to do so on this particular bike , the pictures that you see were taken two days ago and that is how the bike looks now, the battery also seems fine i have always kept it in a charged state through the winter months , for a bike of that age i think it is in remarkable condition but only because of my medical problem it didn't get ridden that much in fact it has not done more than two hundred miles if that ! thanks
Hi lessped, just wondering if you have a rough idea of how much you want for the bike now?

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Hi TJ,

I can see that it is in mint A1 condition, the white grease on the battery rack, tyres etc., made me think the photos were taken when brand new.

Unfortunately, I can't put a value on it without more information like age, condition of battery etc.

You can work it out yourself by using Flecc's formula which is an excellent way of calculating values.

You can see the prices of the latest version here along with battery prices
http://cyclezee.com/ezee-sprint-8.html http://cyclezee.com/ezee-batteries.html

I can't remember where to find it on the forum, but I have copied and pasted what I use.

When selling and buying most vehicles the value is generally well understood and a fair price easily worked out, but with e-bikes there's clearly a problem since prices asked are often unrealistic and in many cases owners and buyers haven't any idea what the right price should be, as shown by the questions asked in here sometimes.

E-bikes are a special case since the battery forms such a very large part of the original price, but it's life is a fraction of the rest of the bike, and I'm therefore proposing a simple formula to deal with this and make it easy to assess realistic prices. Since the great majority of e-bikes use lithium batteries with around two years and/or 500 charge life, the formula is based on those.

The start point is the original new price of the bike, since in a rapidly developing field the latest price is irrelevant as new models will often have many improvements. Then to deal with the battery life problem, the battery is dealt with as a separate element on this basis:

One year old e-bike: Half the current replacement cost of a battery is established to give half value left.

Two year old bike: The whole replacement cost is established to give zero value left.

For ages in between in each of the above cases, the price established should be pro-rata, and in cases where the battery has been replaced at some point, the same pro-rata rule can be used against it's age.

Then the start point of the e-bike's separate value is estabished by deducting the current new battery price from the original purchase price and then a depreciation percentage is deducted in the same manner as for other vehicles, the initial depreciation quite high as is usual:

I year old bike: 25%
2 year old bike: 35%
3 year old bike: 45%
4 year old bike: 55%
5 year old bike: 60%
6 year old bike: 65%
7 year old bike: 70%
8 year old bike: 75%
9 year old bike: 80%

Then to the discounted price of the bike only, any residual value of the battery as established above is added back to give the fair second hand price.

Here's a typical example of a lithium batteried e-bike costing roughly £1100 originally, with today's replacement battery costing £514:

One year old, £1100 minus the rounded original battery price is £600, less the 25% depreciation of £150 but plus the £250 residual battery value = £700

Two years old the £600 bike price less 35% depreciation and no residual battery value to add = £390

That second case will shock many owners, but when one considers the battery could be at around the end of life, adding the replacement cost of £514 to that £390 brings it to £904 for a two year old £1100 e-bike, which you can see is as much as it can possibly be worth, despite the new battery. It also brings home how unrealistic the £700 is that I've just seen asked for the same age and type bike, since with the battery replaced the cost would be substantially more than the original purchase price and almost as much as a new model. On the other hand, if that two year old e-bike had just had the battery replaced, only the 35% age deduction would apply, leaving it's second hand value at £715. That's about the same as the one year old above, which is right since it's extra year of wear is offset by the new battery having the whole of it's life left instead of only a half.

Of course small adjustments can be made up or down for bike condition, but the general principle of separating the bike and battery prices is a sound way of dealing with their very different lives, and a fixed formula as suggested enables anyone to judge whether a price is fair or not.

The same method can be used for SLA batteried bikes, while for those few with NiMh batteries, the battery life can be taken as 3 years with a third of the last available price deducted for each year of use. At some time in the future LiFePO4 batteries will be adopted, though there's no sign it's about to happen, but when it does their life will probably be double that of the present batteries, so the formula is easily adapted to that sort of change .

Lastly I have experimented with a variety of differing formulae on the bike and battery separately and the above one is the only simple one that gives equitable prices across all combinations of ages and battery lives. It also allows for the improvement in second hand prices that would result from battery prices going down to former lower levels.
Hi thank you so much for your help and information but saying that it is what happens when a question is asked on this great forum the help is always forthcoming so i think all things being considered i would ask around £ 500 pounds for it only because whatever battery is fitted it will be virtually a new bike but saying that i cant guarantee the battery that is with the bike at the moment it still charges and pushes the bike round the road like it always did .

C

Cyclezee

Hi thank you so much for your help and information but saying that it is what happens when a question is asked on this great forum the help is always forthcoming so i think all things being considered i would ask around £ 500 pounds for it only because whatever battery is fitted it will be virtually a new bike but saying that i cant guarantee the battery that is with the bike at the moment it still charges and pushes the bike round the road like it always did .
Hi T.J.,
That sounds a very fair price to me.
I'm guessing that the battery has been cared for which would make this bike an excellent buy.

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Hi T.J.,
That sounds a very fair price to me.
I'm guessing that the battery has been cared for which would make this bike an excellent buy.
Hi once again thanks for all your help and input i am much obliged and yes i think i have priced it about right even tho i take quite a big loss there are many more years in that bike im sure .

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Hi all forum folks im afraid i have to sell my fab. e-bike as a medical problem has finally beaten me nothing to serious but Doc's orders are no bike riding so i will put some pics on here if i can afraid im not to familiar with the process of posting but here goes let me know if anyone is intersted thanks T.J. View attachment 9767 View attachment 9768 View attachment 9769 View attachment 9770 View attachment 9771 View attachment 9772
Ok it seems i must make this bike even cheaper (groan) does £400 seem any better ?:(

C

Cyclezee

Ok it seems i must make this bike even cheaper (groan) does £400 seem any better ?:(
That's flipping amazing, can't understand why no one has snapped that bike up:confused:

For those who don't know it, eZee are the best bikes made in China from a company with passion, not the usual hotch potch of generic parts.

Reactions: lessped

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
That's flipping amazing, can't understand why no one has snapped that bike up:confused:

For those who don't know it, eZee are the best bikes made in China from a company with passion, not the usual hotch potch of generic parts.
Hi thanks again for your imput it is much appreciated i think the price is more than fair now !

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007