Ezee Forza - anyone here push them hard?

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Do you have one and ride it down off road cycle paths and up hills over 25%, or do you ride one for 15 mile journeys? If so then I'm interested to hear what they are like.

Just wondering like. :)

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
Ezee Forza

I irregularly ride 38 miles, 19 each way to and from work, charging at each end. On a setting of 4-5 assist I have no problem making the distance and increase the setting to 8 (maximum) for the last two or three miles. I finish on red but with some charge left. My jouney takes under one hour in the morning "down hill", when I am fresh, and about ten minutes longer in the evening.
I have cycled off road on the undulations of Whipps Cross (the southern end of Epping Forest and have never stalled. I always use full power for enjoyment and although some of the slopes are very steep they are also very short.

Saddlesore

Pedelecer
May 18, 2008
I have a derestricted Ezee Forza which I mainly use to get about socially since I have lost my driving licence.
I've always cycled and use the bike most days on keep fit routes of 14-15 miles as well as getting about town.
I generally use the bike in pedelec mode and only use the motor on steep banks / hills or when there is a strong headwind. I did recently use it in moped mode just to see what it was like but found the vibrations through the handlebar grips quite uncomfortable. This is due to the motor being in the front wheel and if I was using the motor a lot I think I would change the grips for some that would absorb the vibrations better.
I find the bike quite nice to ride with no power and may try some trips without the battery in place to see how the lightened bike feels.
The only off road routes I do are canal towpaths, but in our area these are well maintained as cycle / pedestrian paths and no test of the bikes off road capability.
I've done about 300 miles since I bought the bike at the end of June ( 2nd hand) and have been pleased with the overall experience.