Ezee Forza vs A2B Obree vs Winora Radius

BillM

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 26, 2007
Derbyshire Hills
I have had a faultless Ezee Forza for 8 years.. but it is heavy and beginning to show it's battery age.

I carry my ebikes in a motorhome garkage... and have been tempted by the Winora Radius on account of folding handlebar and pedals ... but it is a crank drive? My only experience with a crank drive bike was a Sparta Ion bought 8 years ago which was spectacularly useless... very little "motor assistance" was evident, and the motor packed up before 18 months old.

I'm also tempted by A2B ... mainly because their site is so slick and comprehensive.

If anyone has any experience of Winora Radius and why I should reconsider a crank drive bike please put me right.Equally if anyone has experience of A2B bikes... are they as good as their site presence? Any other suggestions for bikes with folding handlebars / pedals? (BTW Not interested in "fold up bikes" like Brompton).

OTOH ... should I just get another Ezee? Any and all comment welcome!

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I love the Radius! No wonder it won a design award. The Bosch system is light years from what you knew, test ride any Bosch bike to get an idea of the motor power delivery. Winora make an s-pedelec version of the Radius!!! :eek:

BillM

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 26, 2007
Derbyshire Hills
Thanks for your reply. I assume an S-Ped is a "speed" version?
Not sure if they are UK legal... and have not seen them advertised here?
I am looking for a relatively light, easily stored, tourer that will give
first rate pedal assistance over say, 40 miles, of mixed terrain.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
No not legal where you live but I was just imagining being pushed to 45 km/h on 20" wheels.

For the range you want the Winora should be able to provide that.