Ezee Liv motor anyone?

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
I maintain a few electric bikes, one being my wife's Ezee Liv.
I'm fairly sure the brushes need replacing. I had the wheel out and hub stripped as far as I could whilst away on holiday. I couldn't get to see where or how the brushes fit with the amount of strip down I was able to achieve.
Before I strip it again I wondered if a) anyone has done this? (John?), or b) does anyone have an Ezee 36v DC hub or wheel they'd sell?
Thanks

C

Cyclezee

Hi Dave,

I can't help you with brushed motors, Cyclezee has never dealt with them and don't even have a service manual for them.

We could of course supply you with brushless motor, but this would mean changing the controller too and re building the motor wheel.

Let me know if you want to take this route and I can possibly make you an offer you can't refuse;)

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
I maintain a few electric bikes, one being my wife's Ezee Liv.
I'm fairly sure the brushes need replacing. I had the wheel out and hub stripped as far as I could whilst away on holiday. I couldn't get to see where or how the brushes fit with the amount of strip down I was able to achieve.
Before I strip it again I wondered if a) anyone has done this? (John?), or b) does anyone have an Ezee 36v DC hub or wheel they'd sell?
Thanks
Hi Dave, I have a Powabike brushed motor in a 24" front wheel, spokes a bit rusty but otherwise ok, pm me if you are interested.

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
Thanks John but I'll pass on that if I may but thanks for the offer.

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
Thanks again John (Cycleezee), PM sent. Helpful as ever