Ezee Sprint Dual Battery Bargain

Bob_about

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2009
Warks/Glos Border
With some regret I have decided to offer my Ezee Sprint GTS for sale

Bought Feb 2010 new from OnBike for £1900 - remainder of 2 year warranty on bike & LiFePO4 battery will transfer

For sale at £900 - PHOTOs HERE

Hi Spec, high performance, long range & powerful bike - the bike and the price will bring a smile to your face!!

Battery Info
  • 14Ah Li+Poly Battery and 8.1Ah LiFePO4 wired in parallel
  • Use one, the other, or both - I have always used both together
  • Therefore these batteries have only ever been completely discharged twice
  • At the end of my 38 mile round trip commute they are only 1 of 9 bars down.
  • They have each been chaged back up approx 90 times
  • These batteries have not been stressed and still provide more than enough power for long high assist trips.

Modifications
  • I have a de-restrict switch fitted above the controller which enables assist up to 20mph, but this can be switched to restricted (15mph) or easily removed.
  • Throttle replaced with Ezee dial assist which enables level of assist to be chosen and prevents wrist ache from holding throtle in same position - also allowed fitting of ergon handlebars & mirror - see photos - easy thumb control
  • Mudguard protector adaptation fitted below bottom bracket & controller wires void to deflect dirt & water - couple of other water deflection panes fitted unobtrusively behind crank and some silicon sealant used to prevent water ingress elsewhere - all can be removed easily, and yes I am obsessive!
  • Waterproof Peli case secured to nearside of rack - can be removed if not needed - used for carrying repair & first aid kits.

See photos - this bike has been well maintained and loved

Remainder of spec is as detailed HERE except this bike has the larger ezee cycle computer for speed, distance, power and load.

Come and have a test ride - 6 miles south of Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire

Any questions???

Bob_about

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
Can I ask why you're selling, Bob?

I am severely tempted by this, but I live some distance away and am on holiday next week, so fate may be against me!

i guess it must be quite heavy with both batteries, etc., on - about 30kg?

Bob_about

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2009
Warks/Glos Border
Can I ask why you're selling, Bob?

I am severely tempted by this, but I live some distance away and am on holiday next week, so fate may be against me!

i guess it must be quite heavy with both batteries, etc., on - about 30kg?
Reason for sale: I`m afraid I`m just not using it as I had intended - ie as commute mode of transport of choice. Change of job in November last year means I am less based at HQ and need to be mobile during the day, so I bought a Honda PCX to nip about on for work. I then found that even the days when I was based at one place were getting so long that I wanted a 30 minute commute home rather than an hour (its 18.5 miles each way) so found myself jumping on the scoot and enjoying that just as much.

Next I found myself missing cycling, but wanting to do it more for leisure & fitness so bought a reasonably light Ridgeback and have been having a great time unassisted round the local lanes. I can also put the ridgeback on the roof of the car and take it away when we head off camping etc - dont think the roof bars would like the ezee!

So the Sprint has been further relegated and is getting fortnightly top up charges, but not been used much recently - I may try to make more of an effort with it again next week, if nothing else to double check everything is running true and sweet for any potential purchaser.

We have 5 other bikes in the shed, plus the scoot, and basically if its not going to be used, some one else may just as well have the benefit of a bargain and we have a little more space.

Is it heavy - yes - never weighed it, but yes. However, I was regularly cycling the first 10 miles to work without assistance reasonably comfortably by keeping my legs spinning. Its an impressive beast to ride with a high riding position - I feel way smaller on my unpowered bike!

I`m not in a hurry to sell, but thought I`d post it up to gauge interest.

All the best

Bob_about

Bob_about

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2009
Warks/Glos Border
Update - sale temporarily suspended

Since posting last Sunday I have thoroughly tested the bike out by riding it just under 120 miles to and from work this week.

There are a couple of issues I`d like to be looked at before I sell on to anyone from this Forum, so the bike is currently with OnBike to be thoroughly looked over and serviced.

I am asking them to;
  • Check both batteries for function & capacity
  • Check front brakes & replace pads if needed
  • Check chain and replace if needed
  • Check rear freewheel and grease / adjust or replace as needed
  • Have a look over the rest of the bike and let me know if they spot any problems

I`ll post again when I have heard back from them, but as I`m not around much over the next couple of weeks I am not expecting I will have the bike back with me much before the end of the month.

The aim is to let any purchaser have the bike fully serviced and anything needing attention sorted by the supplier.

All the best

Bob_about

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
Hi Bob

While your bike is away being serviced, I wonder if you would answer another couple of queries?

Can the pedelec function be turned off, to allow unassisted or throttle (dial-assist)-only use?
You mention an easy thumb control; is that linked to the dial-assist, to increase or decrease the setting?

Thanks.

Bob_about

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2009
Warks/Glos Border
Hi Bode

Hope you had a good holiday

The controller can be switched to either pedelec or throttle or the whole thing kept turned off

The way I have it wired the dial assist is then used in either mode to dial in the amount of power you want

In pedelec that cuts in and out depending on whether or not the pedals are turning
In throttle mode that level of power continues while the dial is set at that level
(so take care switching it on in the shed with the dial turned up!! - you`ll only make that mistake once!)

In both modes either brake lever cuts the power instantly

In both modes power ceases to be delivered as you pedal above the speed that power will take you to, as you slow or reach a hill it cuts back in a carries you forward.

I control the dial assist knob on the left side of the handlebars with my left thumb - its easy to do even with gloves.

Hope that makes sense

All the best

Bob-about

Last edited:

Bob_about

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2009
Warks/Glos Border
Sold sold sold

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Thanks for looking

Bob_about