EZEGO Commute INT

Small C

Just Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Hi, I'm an avid reader of this forum but this is my first post. Wanted to give a review of my recent E bike purchase as I'm so pleased with it and it might help anyone considering buying at the lower end of the price range. Background is that I'm not a "proper" cyclist. I just fancied an E bike for fun and average trip being 15 to 20 miles. I'm female and average fitness fit for late 50s!
Anyway I'm really happy with the EZEGO which I bought locally 4 weeks ago. Done 250km so far. I realise the proper test will be how it goes long term. Battery seems to do more than 65km as I did 62km and it was still showing 3 out of 5 bars. I live in a flat area and mainly pootle about in 2 or 3 power level but number 4 really helps up the odd hill or into the wind.
I like the battery being hidden in the frame. I feel like it's good for fitness and the motor helps get me further.
Mine is the unisex frame 15".

Attachments

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Nice looking, lovely clean lines, fingers crossed for nice early spring weather like last year. Enjoy your new wheels.

Reactions: Small C

stargazer30

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2020
Enjoy . If it’s anything like my ezego TD, it’ll go around the planet on l3 and below. It’s only l4 and 5 where it eats battery. Not sure if you’re on it already but there’s an ezego Facebook group too.

Small C

Just Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Enjoy . If it’s anything like my ezego TD, it’ll go around the planet on l3 and below. It’s only l4 and 5 where it eats battery. Not sure if you’re on it already but there’s an ezego Facebook group too.
Thank you. I'll check it out. Up to 450km still loving it and all seems good so far.

Small C

Just Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Quick update. Recently passed 1100 km on the EZEGO so good value at £1 per km (plus electricity)! Still love it. Still laughing to myself going uphill or into the wind. Using the bike much more than I thought I would.
Also enjoying the technical posts by you techy people. Although it's like a different language to me some of the info may sink in and be useful in the future.
Happy cycling everyone. My husbands Orbea also got in on the photo!

Attachments

Reactions: Atlav4

shed

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2021
Quick update. Recently passed 1100 km on the EZEGO so good value at £1 per km (plus electricity)! Still love it. Still laughing to myself going uphill or into the wind. Using the bike much more than I thought I would.
Also enjoying the technical posts by you techy people. Although it's like a different language to me some of the info may sink in and be useful in the future.
Happy cycling everyone. My husbands Orbea also got in on the photo!
Like the look of the INT. Have been looking at the EX as slightly cheaper but I do prefer the clean lines of the integrated battery on the INT.

Whats it like over rougher terrain, poor roads etc with not having any suspension?

Small C

Just Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Whats it like over rougher terrain, poor roads etc with not having any suspension?

That is the one thing I sometimes wonder that it should be more comfortable if it had suspension on handlebars. The Trail Destroyer version does I think. I'm getting to know which roads are smooth and which to avoid (or cycle slower on!) My average ride is about 20 ish miles at a time and overall I'm so impressed with the Commute. I guess it depends on what your main use of bike would be.

Reactions: shed

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Quite a lot of people post when they need help with their bikes, so it is great that you are not, and having great fun to boot.

I bought my first electric bike in 2011 and still have it and enjoy riding it.

I have found my electric bikes really good and use them for a lot of errands and shopping that I might previously have used the car for.

I am at a point that I could retire but have really enjoyed also commuting to work and back on my bikes. So my car gets a lot less use than it used to, and I feel a lot better for the exercise.

Reactions: Small C

stargazer30

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2020

That is the one thing I sometimes wonder that it should be more comfortable if it had suspension on handlebars. The Trail Destroyer version does I think. I'm getting to know which roads are smooth and which to avoid (or cycle slower on!) My average ride is about 20 ish miles at a time and overall I'm so impressed with the Commute. I guess it depends on what your main use of bike would be.

Word of warning, the trail destroyer comes with Suntour XCM 120mm coil forks. These forks are utter utter rubbish and are not fit for mtb purposes. I am 90kg and with them set on the lowest setting with my full weight on them they move about 20mm. So they offer literally no suspension at all and weigh 3.5kg too! If you want suspension, regardless of which Ezego bike you have you need to buy new forks. I binned the Suntours for a set of budget Rockshox air forks and they are 1kg lighter and 1000x better. Other than the forks though, excellent bike the TD.

Reactions: shed