Fat 52 year old about to take the plunge

Fat Andy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 3, 2016
Hi everyone. I am a fairly regular commuter cyclist and have been using my 9 year old TREK hybrid for a few years on a very easy commute (less that 3 miles!) Owing to an office move I now have a Sutton to Putney trip of about 9 miles each way. Fearing for my 52 year old, much abused knees, I have taken the plunge and my Freego Raptor (11AH) is arriving tomorrow.

I thought long and hard and wanted a reasonably light bike and prefer the stripped down look. I am purchasing via a ride to work scheme and have to use Evans who in turn use E-bikes Direct. I narrowed my choice down to the Momentum Upstart and the Freego Raptor. Sadly I was unable to see or try either which was a surprise given that I am South London based. The current Upstart is being replaced and the new model, whilst better I'm sure, is priced well out of my range ( and exceeds the ride to work limit)
I am paying £549 for the double battery Raptor which is a staggeringly good deal.
Stand by for reports!!

Nigel01

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2016
Hi Andy. I am sure you will enjoy your daily ride. Welcome to our club. I have only been a member for two weeks. I appreciated my welcome.

Reactions: Fat Andy

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
Sounds rude to call you Fat Andy........ but that's what you called yourself so what the hell!:p
Anyway Fat Andy, enjoy the bike fella and the forum.;)
Hope your much abused knees enjoy the new bike.

Reactions: RoRo and Fat Andy