Fat Bike

AMc

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 15, 2016
Hi All I joined the site this evening and am looking for some feedback on a potential purchase. I currently have a Batribike Dash folding electric bike but am looking to shortly purchase something that i can use on trails and riding on the numerous beaches we have on our small island.

I came across this Dillenger electric fat bike http://dillengerelectricbikes.co.uk/electric-bikes/recreational/fat-bike-or-by-dillenger.html

Has anyone used this company and/or any feedback on the actual bike would be much appreciated.

Slight concern is that they are based in Australia so no presence over here in the UK but Halfords have serviced my existing electric bike so should not be too much of a problem if something goes wrong - i hope!

AMc

Apr 15, 2016
Hi Eddie Yes but you cannot test ride the bike and they do not carry out repairs to the bike only ship spare parts should there be a problem.

The motor from their description sounds good but cannot find any reviews for it. So will be a bit of a punt unless i can find anyone who has actually purchased one of these and can provide some feedback.

D

Deleted member 4366

It's all standard stuff, so should be as good as anything. Personally, I wouldn't take any ebike anywhere near salt salt water, especially one without a front mudguard.

Reactions: Gringo

AMc

Apr 15, 2016
I would add at a later date front and rear mudguards to this bike and a front suspension fork. They state the wiring is waterproof.

They also say the motor has only recently been released and is specifically for high torque off road bikes and this is one of the man reasons i will be purchasing . Anyone had any experience of this motor the bafang go6

nhoj

Nov 2, 2014
Hi All I joined the site this evening and am looking for some feedback on a potential purchase. I currently have a Batribike Dash folding electric bike but am looking to shortly purchase something that i can use on trails and riding on the numerous beaches we have on our small island.

I came across this Dillenger electric fat bike http://dillengerelectricbikes.co.uk/electric-bikes/recreational/fat-bike-or-by-dillenger.html

Has anyone used this company and/or any feedback on the actual bike would be much appreciated.

Slight concern is that they are based in Australia so no presence over here in the UK but Halfords have serviced my existing electric bike so should not be too much of a problem if something goes wrong - i hope!
Any bike you look at, first try it without power. When you are out and about and the motor stops, as one day it will, even from a flat battery, you need gears that will still let you ride home. Most I have tried are not low enough.

AMc

Apr 15, 2016
One of the problems if i order this bike is you cannot ride before delivery as they come from Australia straight to a warehouse in the UK. Has anyone any experience of the GO6 baffang motor that provides the power on this bike. According to the description it has high torque and has been designed for off road bikes. I assume it is UK legal as although it is 750w that is the max but it is set to 250w. Am i right in assuming this and the full 750w will only be used when climbing steep hills for short periods when the extra power is required. Apologies i am not very technical when it comes down to motors etc.

Reactions: nhoj

nhoj

Nov 2, 2014
One of the problems if i order this bike is you cannot ride before delivery as they come from Australia straight to a warehouse in the UK. Has anyone any experience of the GO6 baffang motor that provides the power on this bike. According to the description it has high torque and has been designed for off road bikes. I assume it is UK legal as although it is 750w that is the max but it is set to 250w. Am i right in assuming this and the full 750w will only be used when climbing steep hills for short periods when the extra power is required. Apologies i am not very technical when it comes down to motors etc.
As far as I know you can have any amount of power as long as it does not power you over 25kph on the roads.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
As far as I know you can have any amount of power as long as it does not power you over 25kph on the roads.
That's not correct. In the UK the power limit is 250w.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
One of the problems if i order this bike is you cannot ride before delivery as they come from Australia straight to a warehouse in the UK.
I don't think they need to ship it from Ningbo to Queensland then from Queensland to Hounslow. They develop the bikes in QLD but not manufacture there.

AMc

Apr 15, 2016
Hi Trex

No but that would still mean i would have to travel to China for a test ride.

Trex i came across an older thread from this site where you replied that Woosh were hoping to have a fat bike ready for summer and have sent an email from their site to see if this is still in the pipeline. If it is i can hold out purchase for a couple of months and test ride that.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
woosh develop two models, one with crank drive, the other is straightforward rear hub drive. The hub drive is indeed cheaper. Woosh have postponed the project until after the referendum because the exchange rate is poor against the USD at the moment, they are hoping for a remain vote.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
That's not correct. In the UK the power limit is 250w.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The motor has to be 'rated' for no more than 250W, but can use as much power as you like as long as it does not propel you above 25kph as stated previously.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
To complete what has been said above, from EN 15194:

Scope
This European Standard is intended to cover electrically power assisted cycles of a type which have a maximum continuous rated power of 0,25 kW, of which the output is progressively reduced and finally cut off as the vehicle reaches a speed of 25 km/h, or sooner, if the cyclist stops pedalling.

"Continuous rated power" is not the same thing as "motor capable of reaching 250 W maximum power" which some people newly arrived on the forum seem to think EN 15194 means.

If the motor has 250 W stamped on it is legal even if it is capable of 960 W peak with a 20 Amp controller (48 V is the legal maximum power in EN 15194).

AMc

Apr 15, 2016
Thanks for all the feedback. The bike i was considering buying has a peak ( Max ) of 750 W so should be legal with the 250 W stamp. I will check with the seller and if confirmed will go ahead with the purchase - unless anyone can suggest a better alternative for a similar price?

Reactions: Alan Quay

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
Interested to see how you go on with this - looking for a fat bike and was toying with the BH awd one (I know must have rocks in my head after my last BH experience but the dual motor fat bike should go anywhere )

Haibike too expensive, KTM felt flimsy....would be interested in how the frame is on this one......

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
But dual motor is illegal.

AMc

Apr 15, 2016
Just had reply back from supplier - motor is not legal here only in the USA!?

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Just had reply back from supplier - motor is not legal here only in the USA!?
Didn't you say that you were only going to use it on trails and riding on the numerous beaches you have on your small island?

Would you be using it on the roads?