Fat lad in need of ebike advice

paolocee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 15, 2019
I'm 56, 6'4" and 150kgs (about 24st). Been unable to exercise for almost a decade after a serious accident. And the pounds have piled on. Finally got my new knee last month and want to get a bike. My kids and wife go on long, 40km rides, (we live in the middle of nowhere in Sweden) and I want to join them. But I know I'm far too unfit to keep up without cheating (and it's very hilly).

So I need an ebike, I guess. I'll be riding mostly on tarmac but also gravel paths and snow. Budget is £4k-£5k.

Your suggestions would be most welcome. It's a confusing buyers' market, especially for a monster like me!

I have seen the Haibike sDuro 3.0 mentioned in another thread but I can't find its weight limit anywhere.

Ta.

Last edited:

paolocee

Aug 15, 2019
Well that's harsh! What on earth made you think that?! I'm honestly just a random passer-by who spotted the title of your thread and joined up :(

Glad you've found something specific for you though, congrats.
Sorry, you seemed to disappear. Apologies. Will delete that comment.

Persiflage

Aug 18, 2019
Sorry I went quiet... I've been flying solo with my little ones for a few days (summer holidays) and I don't get notifications from the site so it slipped my mind: I do apologise for disappearing!

Reactions: paolocee