Fault with the assist on a Cyclamatic PP

constantine

Just Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Hi all. Great to find a community for E bikes - I've always just got funny looks whenever I've brought them up in conversation before!

I've have a Cyclamatic Power Plus for just over 3 years, and it's served me well for commuting. Never had a major problem until now...

Yesterday I hit a pothole (several actually), and the chain came off. Once I got it back on I discovered the power-assist had stopped working. The main throttle is fine and still powers the bike, I just don't get anything from peddling.

I assumed the sensor has broken, but I can't remember how everything looked before! Can anyone tell me what might have happened and if it's possible to rectify?

100_2597 - Copy.jpg100_2599 - Copy.jpg

Thanks

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Yes, looks like the sensor is broken, perhaps somebody with a cyclamatic could post what it should look like..something similar to this:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I removed mine coz I found it erratic, so sorry no piccy, but I can confirm that NRG's piccy is very similar.

Yours is kaput I'm afraid. Give SportsHQ a call to see if they can supply a spare part.

Connecting the new one to the controller is very easy to do, and only requires removal of the controller compartment side cover ;)

A generic sensor may fit too, but can't guarantee this.

Willin'

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2011
PICT0621.jpg

Apologies for blurred image - here's my Cyclamatic (which works just fine having had a lovely ride into Newcastle along the Tyne over the Millenium Bridge and back to the MetroCentre)