Faulty battery?

Sa444

Just Joined
Oct 21, 2019
I have a new 48volt 17.5ah battery. Have used it a few times now and have tried to charge it for 1st time.
The light on charger stays green. It should go red when charging according to instructions.
Has been plugged in for 30 hours now and battery hasn't charged any. Still showing 2/4 lights on led display.

Battery is reading 47 volts at output plug.
Soumd like a faulty battery? Faulty charger?
Waiting on supplier getting back to me.

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
I have a new 48volt 17.5ah battery. Have used it a few times now and have tried to charge it for 1st time.
The light on charger stays green. It should go red when charging according to instructions.
Has been plugged in for 30 hours now and battery hasn't charged any. Still showing 2/4 lights on led display.

Battery is reading 47 volts at output plug.
Soumd like a faulty battery? Faulty charger?
Waiting on supplier getting back to me.
Just Wondering if you have turned the battery on before charging that's what it says in my instructions

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'd say not a faulty battery. Measure the charge jack. That will tell you whether the charger fuse has gone, then measure the voltage on the battery's charge socket. That will tell you if the battery's charge fuse has gone.

It's not unknown for chargers to have the wrong polarity, so always worth checking both sides before attempting to charge again.

Last edited:

Sa444

Just Joined
Oct 21, 2019
Just checked the charger and getting just 15volts at the plug.
Have another charger somewhere will try that tomorrow.

Sa444

Just Joined
Oct 21, 2019
Old charger is charging it fine. Supplier says to send the new 1 back to them and they'll replace it so all good.

Reactions: KirstinS

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Old charger is charging it fine. Supplier says to send the new 1 back to them and they'll replace it so all good.
Result, Unlucky with a dodgy charger but suppliers seems switched on and reactive to issues.

Can I ask who? Good customer service is key for many and useful info

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh