Fiido D2 with KT-06 open source controller

black-smoothie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 21, 2019
Hi all.
I have a Fiido D2. I've changed the controller for a KT36/48ZWSRTD-SJT02L2 - it's mostly working with the original firmware supplied with this controller (I'm still waiting for the KT-LCD5 to arrive), but I intend to change the firmware for a build based on KT open source firmware
I've got the firmware to build OK, my problem is knowing the values to plug into the configurator tool, like number of poles on the PAS sensor, maximum phase current etc, as detailed here: KT06 Configurator tool documentation
Just wondering if anyone has already done this so I could use their parameters to save me the pain of discovering them myself?

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I'm intrigued. What advantage does using the open-source software offer over just using the standard KT LCD5/controller?

Those I've seen that do use KT LCD/controllers in Fiido bikes (D2, D4, D11) seem very happy with the standard firmware.

black-smoothie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 21, 2019
Thanks cyclebuddy - the video does give me some more information.

I'm intrigued. What advantage does using the open-source software offer over just using the standard KT LCD5/controller?

Those I've seen that do use KT LCD/controllers in Fiido bikes (D2, D4, D11) seem very happy with the standard firmware.
I'm a software engineer by trade, so the open source route gives me complete flexibility to understand exactly what's going on, fix bugs as and when I find them, made modifications and improvements, and generally change things to be exactly as I prefer them.
I like the 'off road' mode of the open source version where I can easily switch between UK road legal and a higher speed limit.
Also, the potential to get the maximum efficiency from the motor and therefore longest battery life is a good thing.