Finally Bought one

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
After many months reading reviews,watching developments in this forum and researching until i am even confusing myself, i have finally put down a deposit on my new bike and i will collect next Saturday.
I have bought a Scott e-sub sport from Mike at Onbike in Worcester, as others have said a he ia a pleasure to deal with,nothing is too much trouble for him,and more importantly there was no "hard sell" we went out to test the Bikes in Traffic, quite side-streets and up some fairly challenging hills and i was very impressed.
I will give some feedback to this forum when i take it on it's first testing run next weekend (weather permitting)
I would like to thank all the members of this forum for educating me in all that is ebikes.
Keep up the good work get rid of the negativity, and do what this type of forum is supposed to do, which is discuss educate and inform

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
After many months reading reviews,watching developments in this forum and researching until i am even confusing myself, i have finally put down a deposit on my new bike and i will collect next Saturday.
I have bought a Scott e-sub sport .....
Noooooo! What have you done! Those bikes are a load of......

Only kidding, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. [emoji2]

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
Yes the bike looks absolutely brilliant in the flesh and rides, in my opinion, much better than my hybrid front hub conversion,it feels different on the road,and due to weight distribution, handles differently i know this is a matter of personal choice, so i won't really get into a debate. I just wanted it when i rode it, i rode different brands at the nec show and this one was best suited to me. I can't wait to give it a good workout.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Yes the bike looks absolutely brilliant in the flesh and rides, in my opinion, much better than my hybrid front hub conversion,.
Welcome to the world of properly engineered crank ebikes.

I take the ride of my Bosch bikes for granted - until I try something else.

All hub bikes I've tried are, in one way or several, inferior in the way they deliver assistance.

I've noticed more and more trekking Bosch bikes have a rack mounted battery like yours.

Instinctively, I don't fancy one of those, but I've never tried one for more than a whirl around a car park.

You like the way yours rides, which is all that matters.

It also suggests rack battery Bosch bikes might be more agreeable than I think they are.

Brynric

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2015
Worcestershire
I'll follow this thread with interest. My research has so far led to a Scott e-sub sport, probably from On Bikes. Its good to hear more positive responses about both.
Circumstances however mean that I'm further back in terms of buying. Lets see what develops next.

Reactions: LeighPing

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
Yes my conversion used a rack mounted battery, however the 2016 esub uses a "bottle/dolphin" type battery connected to the down tube which i found much more stable. and yes onbikes were very professional, and no i am not on a commission :)

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Croxden of this parish has bought several bikes from Onbike and speaks very well of them.

Onbike only sell quality bikes which makes their job easier once they have a prospective customer prepared to pay the appropriate sum.

Reactions: Croxden

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
I agree and i am extremely fortunate to have the kids grown up and "flown" the mortgage paid and disposable income so i buy what i want (within reason) my conversion is a bike i have owned for around 20 years and it cost £400 to convert so i thought it was about time i treated myself to a good xmas present
next year i might treat myself to a KTM or Haibike eMTB:)

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
Nice bike
Ive just bought a bike from on bikes
Done lots of research on bikes and dealers and out of everyone i tried mike always came back too me never pushed at all and always gave me well detailed and unbiased answers
I ended up with a Ktm mancina lycan
Really happy with the bike and service recieved
He was a 340 mile round trip but well worth it

Reactions: SteveRuss

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
A
Nice bike
Ive just bought a bike from on bikes
Done lots of research on bikes and dealers and out of everyone i tried mike always came back too me never pushed at all and always gave me well detailed and unbiased answers
I ended up with a Ktm mancina lycan
Really happy with the bike and service recieved
He was a 340 mile round trip but well worth it
A wise choice in bike & dealer, I to did a lot of research and arrived at the same conclusion.

Except for the bikes I chose.

Reactions: martin@onbike

Chris the Sheep

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2013
I bought a Scott e-Sub Tour a couple of months ago - looks like the same bike but mine has Shimano Steps instead of the Bosch drive.
I've ridden this bike in all weathers, including riding along the seafront in Blackpool while waves are crashing over the wall and there's barely a mark on it - this is a quality piece of kit.
The wheels have remained true, the gears still snick nicely (adjusted once in 1000 miles), the brakes are great.

The only fault I've found - which could apply to this one too - is that the rear wheel rubs very lightly against the underside of the racktime mount when it's wet (the mounting system is inside the mudguard) - clearances are so tight that it's fine when dry, but when wet it picks up bits of grit which scrape the metal mount. No big deal and I'll fit a slightly smaller tyre to cure it.

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
Thanks for the "heads up" Chris I will check mine when i get it, it will probably be raining for the next couple of months so plenty of time to sort it, if it is the same as yours .Regards

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
PS: I will take the plunge early in the new year. I've got to build a shed for it first. Or to get someone to do it or help me. Next week?

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
Update. Picked my Bike up this Morning, probably test it tomorrow as it dull miserable and "blowing a gale" i just don't want to risk scratching/denting my pristine steed (it will wear off soon) Need to big up Martin who apparantley does all the work at onbike :) he went through all the setting up with me and helped me load it in my car. thanks Martin

Last edited:

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
You can say what you like about someone but at least get their name right.