Finding a replacement BMS

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Balance charging is needed other wise one can't maintain balance, though your China cells don't seem to be balancing anyway. Good branded cells remain balanced.

The Aliexp one you have linked to has balance otherwise what are those balance leads for ?

Does your battery have an on/off switch ?

Paulpmpmpm

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2020
Balance charging is needed other wise one can't maintain balance, though your China cells don't seem to be balancing anyway. Good branded cells remain balanced.

The Aliexp one you have linked to has balance otherwise what are those balance leads for ?

Does your battery have an on/off switch ?
Ah right in description it just said "balance charging :no" so they must have described it incorrectly.

It doesn't have an on off switch.

So you think I should order that BMS?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's better to get a BMS that has the connections for a switch so that you can switch off the battery

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The link was only an example, you need to make sure it can handle the max current the battery can supply.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I think so my battery is 23.4ah that BMS is 40a so that will be okay? I hope so I ordered it ☺
Yes, 23.4ah is your battery's capacity. 40A is how much current your BMS will allow. the two are completely independent things. The 40A only has to be higher than what your controller allows, so look at the label on your controller. You need a bit of headroom, so it'll be OK with any controller up to 35A.

Paulpmpmpm

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2020
Yes, 23.4ah is your battery's capacity. 40A is how much current your BMS will allow. the two are completely independent things. The 40A only has to be higher than what your controller allows, so look at the label on your controller. You need a bit of headroom, so it'll be OK with any controller up to 35A.
Ah okay mate thank you, my controllers say 25a on both of them so should be okay cheers