Fir3mansam joining the forums

Fir3mansam1964

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 7, 2019
Hello all

I've had a whisper 905SE crossbar ridged hybrid bike for 12 months through a cycle to work scheme. I had been riding a normal road bike 18 miles per day from home to Preston and it was agrevating my bad knee.

So decided to go electricity assisted, and the change was a revelation, hills flattened and I didn't need to wear the lycra I could go to work in office clothes not get sweaty or need to get changed. Knee went back to normal.

The bike has been fine apart from a couple of spokes snapping on back wheel, these were replaced by wisper through the post free of charge.

The only other problem I've had is, it started to turn itself or not turn on at all. On investigation I found that if I put a wedge under the battery controller and the rack bar the power returned.

Took it to valley scooters Bolton and he's sorted everything out for me.

So hopefully back on road soon, it's a heavy bike when there's no assist.

Reactions: LeighPing

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi, I have had a Wisper 905se for nearly 2 years now and have found it excellent, I have changed a couple of things on it during this time, such as a smaller chainring (the hills around Macclesfield are steep) wider bars and suspension forks. The bike has been very reliable and I have done about 1500mls so far.

Fir3mansam1964

Jun 7, 2019
Hi, I have had a Wisper 905se for nearly 2 years now and have found it excellent, I have changed a couple of things on it during this time, such as a smaller chainring (the hills around Macclesfield are steep) wider bars and suspension forks. The bike has been very reliable and I have done about 1500mls so far.
I decided that I should have gone for the suspension shocks in the future, did you fit wisper shocks?

Also mine struggled to get up a hill from Horwich to Bolton chain ring might be a solution to

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
No just some suntour forks from local bike shop. Regarding the chainring I fitted new crank arms from Wisper, as the ones that come with the bike have a riveted chainring which cant be changed, then I fitted a 42 tooth ring instead of the 52 and it makes quite a difference.

Fir3mansam1964

Jun 7, 2019
No just some suntour forks from local bike shop. Regarding the chainring I fitted new crank arms from Wisper, as the ones that come with the bike have a riveted chainring which cant be changed, then I fitted a 42 tooth ring instead of the 52 and it makes quite a difference.
Thanks that's something to consider for the future