First day out

TravelsBelly

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2020
Today was the first full proper test Dr be on my new Whisper 905 torque! Thamesmead to Greenwich and back again along the Thames path. 25km according to my phone.

Sunny skies and cool breeze. I couldn't ask for a better day for it. I was out from 11:30 to 5:30 (not biking the whole time. I stopped and rested in Greenwich and had a sandwich for lunch)

The bike works really well. I had it in assistance level 1 on the way there and 5 going back because tiredness had set in big time. My legs are actually ok thanks to the bikes motor help but OMG my ARSE!

It was a good adventure. I originally wanted to go all the way to London but that was a little too ambitious... Maybe next time.

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Trust no one who says this type or that type is a comfortable saddle, there are only certain types less uncomfortable than others. Having said that the stock saddle on the Woosh Faro is the least uncomfortable I’ve tried to date. Build your range up over time in steady increments and your backside may become accustomed, hopefully.

TravelsBelly

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2020
Trust no one who says this type or that type is a comfortable saddle, there are only certain types less uncomfortable than others. Having said that the stock saddle on the Woosh Faro is the least uncomfortable I’ve tried to date. Build your range up over time in steady increments and your backside may become accustomed, hopefully.
Thanks. Yeah I'm sure it's just because I am not used to being in the saddle. As I ride it should get better. I hope! May try to make it to London tomorrow on full assistance. I can always train it back if I'm knackered. As you said it's just about building up range and my fitness too. Probably was too ambitious with having it on just LV 1 assist for the first outing. It's been many many years since I've been on a bike.

Definitely going to sleep well tonight...

Reactions: Atlav4

ALW

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 5, 2020
As has been said, a certain amount of the discomfort will be jus not being used to being in the saddle. That said I changed my old saddle on my converted MTB for a Fabric Scoop Radius Elite and it's been a revelation once set up correctly.
I changed handlebars to get a more upright positon and this saddle has been perfect for that.