First E Bike advice ...

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I would be worried about any motor that wouldn't blitz that ramp!

Here is the 4m high Wisper 30% ramp just after it had been welded up. A bit of the 15% ramp can be seen in the background.

30% 4m Ramp 100kb.jpg

All the best

David

C

Cyclezee

Hi David,

The ramp at eZee is ridden from a standing start in the same direction as the dog is coming from which has a much steeper angle, if you click on the photo to enlarge it you will see this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Stephen....you say that you have tested a Giant bike from an e-bike distributor in Northern Ireland and like the idea of local dealer support.
I have a suggestion....KudosCycles is looking for a distributor in Northern Ireland. You persuade your dealer to handle the purchase of your Kudos King bike,I ship to N.I. free of charge. You will then get a bike with dealer support and I get a dealer in Northern Ireland.
If you can ask your dealer to contact KudosCycles I will send to him the dealer pack with his trading terms.
Seems to me to be a win-win-win arrangement for all parties.
Dave
KudosCycles

stephenbeetleman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 24, 2010
Hi Stephen,

If you send me an email, I can email a copy of our eZee conversion kit installation guide so that you can see what is involved. This may help you decide whether to go down the kit route.

Regards,
Hi thanks for the reply i will send you an email requesting the installation info for the kits.

David thanks for getting back to me re the Dapu motor, the 905 sel has a rear mounted motor though hasnt it? How much carriage would a bike like that cost to Northern Ireland?

Dave,
No luck with the bike shop i'm afraid as when i was in the store i did quiz him on why he didnt stock other brands of ebike for comparison but he had said that they had only ever stocked Giant stock and have done for x number of years. Thanks for your kind offer though.

Regards
Stephen

Last edited:
  • Offensive Language
Reactions: Shannow

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I've had the 905 with the SB motor and the 906 with the Dapu motor, I much prefer the Dapu even though it doesn't affect my average journey times all that much.
If you're doing a lot of mileage then having derailleur gears takes quite a bit more maintenance than hub gears. Both good bikes though and I wasn't disappointed.

C

Cyclezee

Hi, thanks for the reply i will send you an email requesting the installation info for the kits.

Regards
Stephen
Hi Stephen,

I have emailed the kit installation guide as requested.

Delivery of eZee kits within the UK is free.

I hope you find it helpful as part of your decision making process.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
David thanks for getting back to me re the Dapu motor, the 905 sel has a rear mounted motor though hasnt it? How much carriage would a bike like that cost to Northern Ireland?

Regards
Stephen
Hi Steven, yes the 905sel does have the even higher torque Dapu rear motor. I with my 19 stones use the a 905sel and live in a very hilly part of kent. It really is an amazing piece of kit! Norman Baker has it on loan at the moment and I cant wait to get it back!

The new stock of sels will be in the UK in 2 weeks.

I am not certain of the cost to ship to Northern Ireland but I will cap it at £35.00 for you, if we can do it cheaper I will let you know. I need to consult our office on Tuesday.

All the best

David

C

Cyclezee

eZee batteries

If I may just clarify, the eZee FP style kit batteries are rear mounted, but the 10Ah Samsung celled LiPo FP batteries weigh only 3.2 Kg., the 14Ah a little more at 3.8 Kg.
This does not make a significant difference to the handling of converted bikes.

All eZee bikes share the same VP style in-frame battery case that fits every eZee model starting from 8Ah to the latest 20Ah, 769Wh (actually 20.8Ah) very long range battery.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Stephen....was a good thought but if your dealer won't play ball then we will have to supply direct...wonder why it is so difficult for any of us e-bike sellers to secure an e-bike dealer in Northern Ireland. All our e-bikes are always shipped free of charge,so getting a Kudos King to you is no problem.
To be honest most of these EN15194 legal bikes perform very similarly,they are after all restricted to 250 watts...I rode most of them at the NEC cycle show...the bikes that were noticeably more powerful were the 'ave' bikes from Germany/Poland and the Ultramotor(now Hero),the latter was seriously quick.
The difference is to find a bike that you are comfortable riding and that means travelling to a dealer or show to find a bike you like. NEVER BUY A BIKE YOU HAVEN'T RIDDEN-I have customers who come down to our warehouse for test rides,convinced of the bike they will buy and after test rides buy a completely different bike. Don't forget to ask how long the batteries will last and how much for replacements...I think someone on this forum started a database of cost,type and range.
Dave
KudosCycles

stephenbeetleman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 24, 2010
Hi Dave,
Cheers for the advice. It is a difficult decision to make and i think i am physically going to have to go to a trade show or similar to get a feel and test drive each of the make and model and decide from there. I would of thought it shouldn't be too hard to get a dealership in Northern Ireland, with petrol and diesel prices the way they are at the moment and people looking for commuting alternatives surely an ebike is a good option for most.

Regards
Stephen

avronb

Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2011
Hi Dave,We have a two day event in Shrewsbury that is the ''Shrewsbury Flower Show''it attracts 1000s of visitors and they have dozens of trade stands,why not enquire about a pitch and test the water in my neck of the woods.
You did say you were looking for a dealer in Shrewsbury,how did you get on?
Brian. PS. the show is held in August.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Avron....am moving away from static type shows,just looking at a bike is really not enough,it is important to have test rides....our London test an e-bike show has an amazing number of free advance ticket reservations on our website, so we are looking at repeating this type of show across the UK....these venues are much more personal and you get a proper opportunity to fully test the bike.
Dave
KudosCycles