First e-bike, largely commuting but want reasonable all rounder

Altea4

Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2019
Yes I’ve read up on the different specs until my eyes have gone red.
10lb difference in bikes weight with battery removed so ok to lift. My old schwinn weighs more than the cube.

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
Cross Hands, Carmarthenshire
Seems to be the latest cx version for under 2k?

Altea4

Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2019
and with the 625 battery. I like the way focus have integrated the batteries to give the bikes a non e look. I’m going to go to onbike in worcester within the next few weeks and try out their different bikes before purchasing.

Backpeddle

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 8, 2019
Just make sure you get one with the 2020 full size front ring motor.

I don't think lifting an ebike onto a car roof is a realistic proposition for one person.
Getting a bike carrier that will have recommended weight capacity to carry an e-bike could be an issue. With the weight of bikes fitted with the likes of the bosch system the standard 3 bike carrier isn't recommended by the manufacturers as it exceeds their limit. The best I have seen was 20kg for a single bike. This means that expensive and larger tow bar mounted racks are the only option I can see for the majority of e bikes. Not all tow bar mounted options are up to it either.

Altea4

Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2019
I have a Thule 925 already. It’s rated to carry 2 ebikes. Roof carrier rated to 20kg so would have to weigh the bike without a battery.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Lots of confusion on that bike. it has the 2019 CX motor on the photo and has a 500 wh battery

• Agree
Reactions: RobF