May 24, 2020
Did the same with me at the end of April:

Odd behaviour :rolleyes:

Gaz
Very strange.....:confused:

Rossey

Just Joined
May 18, 2020
...pretty much the same as me! I was going to get the Motus (mainly because I decided I would prefer the Bosch motor), but by the time I had made my mind up I couldn't find any "medium" step Motus bikes with hub gears. However I found a dealer that was advertising a Raleigh Centros GT at virtually the same price as the Motus so I got that instead. Only a couple of weeks and 100 miles into ownership but happy so far, (reported on earlier thread).
I guess most bikes around that price all have similar spec machines so probably not a lot to choose between them in reality? Like you I really wanted some test rides but that was not going to happen anytime soon, and I did not want to "miss" all this good weather. Luckily when I ordered my bike it was instock and it arrived within a few days so I have now been riding every other day give or take...

Anyhow, enjoy your bike when it arrives, and hopefully the weather will stay good for you a little longer!

Rossey

Just Joined
May 18, 2020
Hi there
I am new here ( hello everyone) and have just been to purchase a new ebike today ... I live in Northern Ireland and e bikes have just become legal ... so with that and the good weather e bikes are getting very popular and are getting harder to find.
So today wanted to get the motus touring but they only had one that had yet to arrive at the store and it was not in a colour that I wanted.... So I went for the centros instead although I thought it a bit heavy. which I pick up next week.
Would be interested in what you would have to say about the centros and would you recommend it ... or should I maybe go for the
motus as I can still change my mind.
Just feeling very undecided between the two
and really want to make the right choice.
Any advise would be very welcome
Many thanks in advance

Stubod

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2020
Hi there
I am new here ( hello everyone) and have just been to purchase a new ebike today ... I live in Northern Ireland and e bikes have just become legal ... so with that and the good weather e bikes are getting very popular and are getting harder to find.
So today wanted to get the motus touring but they only had one that had yet to arrive at the store and it was not in a colour that I wanted.... So I went for the centros instead although I thought it a bit heavy. which I pick up next week.
Would be interested in what you would have to say about the centros and would you recommend it ... or should I maybe go for the
motus as I can still change my mind.
Just feeling very undecided between the two
and really want to make the right choice.
Any advise would be very welcome
Many thanks in advance
I originally wanted a Motus but ended up with a Centros instead. I have been happy with it so far, (only had it a couple of weeks and circa 135 miles so far) If you have a look at my thread, (...too many choices) you will see I have made some comments on there.
Personally I preferred the looks of the Motus, (a bit more traditional), but I also prefer the 8 speed hub gear and belt drive. I don't think you will be disappointed with either. (Current range I am getting on the Centros is 90 miles, but as above I have only had it for "one charge" so far...)

Rossey

Just Joined
May 18, 2020
I originally wanted a Motus but ended up with a Centros instead. I have been happy with it so far, (only had it a couple of weeks and circa 135 miles so far) If you have a look at my thread, (...too many choices) you will see I have made some comments on there.
Personally I preferred the looks of the Motus, (a bit more traditional), but I also prefer the 8 speed hub gear and belt drive. I don't think you will be disappointed with either. (Current range I am getting on the Centros is 90 miles, but as above I have only had it for "one charge" so far...)
Thank for your reply ... I agree with you I think I prefer the more traditional look of the Motus ... although think I will stick with the Centros ... good to hear you are pleased with yours ... Enjoy!

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
Thank for your reply ... I agree with you I think I prefer the more traditional look of the Motus ... although think I will stick with the Centros ... good to hear you are pleased with yours ... Enjoy!
This thread also addressed some of the issues between the two bikes, technically IMO you have by far the better of the two.
Better engineered hub gear, bigger battery, and much better belt drive.

DALERST

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 28, 2020
I have the Cube Reaction pro 500, owned it for just under a year and love it to bits, i managed to get it on a end of season sale from a local retailer. Im only problem is i now want a full suspension as ive found the love for off road trails. But for now i have a suspension seat post which is also proving a good purchase at only £100.

I also find the bosch motor very good with just the right amount of power for all terrain. Apart from a slight niggling problem which hopefully will to get sorted by bosch, i dont think you can go far wrong with them.