First time E bike rider in Australia with non working very neglected 4yo Aseako Sport (Tonaro)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Show a link to the battery yo have bought.
The 9 fet controller is 14a continuous with max 25/26a current if required it is only available in PAS 5 or with throttle use, potentially you will see/get about 700w output from the hub. With the KT setting C5 you can reduce the current supplied by the controller in 8- 10 steps, depending on the controller version of firmware it will reduce current by up to 20% or up to 50%.

The motor will likely be ok as you wouldn't be increasing voltage though current would be up a bit, the important bit would be to give the motor a service if you are able to open it by checking a couple of bearings for wear/play and adding some more grease to the planetary gears if needed.
Again pics of the hub motor would guide us to give you an idea of how to open it, most usually only take 20 - 30 mins to open for a general look and service. Motor wheel simply needs removing from the bike and work can be carried out with the bike wheel complete as is.
His motor won't be OK at those currents. That's nearly double the standard current.

The clutch is very fragile. Some guys had to replace them several times after they broke running at standard current. The later ones had a modified clutch that was stronger, but still broke. I don't know if you can still buy replacements.

Here's how to dismantle the motor and chain wheel. I doubt that any bike shop would know how to do it unless you show them the video.

Reactions: flyingeric62

flyingeric62

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 13, 2019
His motor won't be OK at those currents. That's nearly double the standard current.

The clutch is very fragile. Some guys had to replace them several times after they broke running at standard current. The later ones had a modified clutch that was stronger, but still broke. I don't know if you can still buy replacements.

Here's how to dismantle the motor and chain wheel. I doubt that any bike shop would know how to do it unless you show them the video.
Thanks for the video.
Yes, parts, as well as the bikes themselves, are still readily available.