First week with my ebike - I'm a convert!

RichB

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2013
Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update re. my ebike. Last Monday I had a Cyclotricity Revolver delivered to me, as a low cost (cycle to work scheme) entry to the world of electric biking. I already regularly cycle to and from work (12 mile round trip), but the 6 miles home are on a gradual climb, with a monster 1/2 mile hill at the end.

I just wanted a bit of electric asistance for climbing up that last hill after a long day or night at work, or so I thought!

Since having it delivered I've had it on high assistance ever since as it's such a fun bike to ride! As I expected the actual bike isnt of brilliant quality but being a bit of a bike fan, I've replaced the front forks, brakes, seat post and saddle with spares I had lying around. I will probably replace the crank too at some point but the real star of the show is the actual electric kit. I was preparing to be a bit disappointed with it, being at the lower end of the market, but I've been really impressed with the power and the range so far.

I'm now doing the last 'killer' hill in top gear, something I could only of dreamed of before despite cycling for about the last ten years or so. I was one of those e-bike snobs who thought that they were only for the elderly or infirm, but having tried it I cant ever see me going back to a standard bike other than for some really rough off-road stuff (for which I have my Trek). On top of that, despite the mickey taking, everyone who's tried it have been really impressed.

For anyone who's thinking about trying a ebike, go for it, I'm sure you won't regret it!!

Rich.

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
Welcome to the forum, glad you are enjoying the bike.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Rich

If you want to go over to the Dark side you need to visit Banbury for a test ride you will never look back

Frank

Quark

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 2, 2013
I cant wait to finish my build, I was also toying with the idea of selling my motorbike to fund a nice battery pack, rather than having to settle for what I can afford, but having not ridden an ebike yet I'm a little apprehensive. I might just slap a couple of SLA batteries on the back just to try it out!

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Ducati
Neo

Neo
Ducati

Love em both but sell one to get the other

Never :D

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Welcome to a world where you can take part in month-long debates about the advantages of wicker handlebar baskets over fairtrade canvas saddle bags ... and enjoy riding the ebike at the same time!
May the ewind be ever at your back!
Tom

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
And there's the bespoke knitted saddlbag, of prime interest to those who think nothing of spending more on an ebike than us lesser mortals would lavish on a small house; as supplied by Lynda, of course.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
And there's the bespoke knitted saddlbag, of prime interest to those who think nothing of spending more on an ebike than us lesser mortals would lavish on a small house; as supplied by Lynda, of course.
A wicker basket never sags
Unlike my canvas saddlebags
So if you fill it up with tins
Be sure and put the catfood in

Nothing worse than riding home
To find the contents mostly gone
Strewn along the grassy lane
Arbse fallen out of them, again

"There's a fortune to be made", I cry
"A foolproof clasp I'll surely buy"
What brave inventor, what merry fool
Will come with this useful tool?