Fitting a Topeak bag to a Cube rack?

psybear

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 2, 2020
Hi all, first post here and I hope it's in the right forum...

I am the proud and very happy owner of a new Cube Kathmandu Tour 500. Absolutely love the bike and I want to get some sort of reliable carry solution that will let me bring along my camera and a few accessories on rides. I really like the look of the Topeak range - pricier than a lot of stuff on Amazon but you can see the difference in quality. I really don't want to have to replace the OEM Cube pannier rack with a Topeak one and I was wondering if anyone here had managed to use this sort of combo? I read in a FB group that someone had managed to do an adaption to make this work - I've asked the person for more details but she said that her other half had 'just fastened the part of the track needed onto the cube panier bit with fine zip ties". Hoping that she will still get back to me but thought I would post here anyway.

Attachments

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
I have a Kathmandu Pro and I fitted one of these to it with ease. Will hold a camera with space to spare for a lens or two.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Topeak also do bags that fit with Velcro straps.

Reactions: psybear

psybear

Jun 2, 2020
I have a Kathmandu Pro and I fitted one of these to it with ease. Will hold a camera with space to spare for a lens or two.
Thanks for this - and for the link as this bag seems to be out of stock everywhere else!

Couple of related queries that you might be able to help me with - any chance of a pic of the inside, even with something inside for scale?

Also - did you buy from this supplier? I ask because I am confused by the advert - it is described as "Lightweight waterproof rackpack with quick release landing strip for easy attachment and release from the bike" but then in the detailed description it states: "QR Landing Strip - not supplied". I will trying to get clarification from the supplier anyway.

Thanks again.

Edit: I've had a look on the Altura website and the nightvision pack appears to have been discontinued. They have this similar looking Dryline 2, much more expensive but it definitely comes with the QR fitting.

Last edited:

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Hi, I bought from Planet X about 2 months ago and it came with the landing strip. There's a photo below of the bag with my bridge Nikon and a pair of binoculars on top of my waterproof jacket and a saddle pack. If I had one criticism, it's that the interior has no dividers. However, the sides are well padded and I nearly always have a jacket inside to stop things rolling around.

psybear

Jun 2, 2020

psybear

Jun 2, 2020
Hi, I bought from Planet X about 2 months ago and it came with the landing strip. There's a photo below of the bag with my bridge Nikon and a pair of binoculars on top of my waterproof jacket and a saddle pack. If I had one criticism, it's that the interior has no dividers. However, the sides are well padded and I nearly always have a jacket inside to stop things rolling around.
View attachment 36245
Thanks for this - I decided that I need the extra room offered by the Topeak design - but that Altura from Planet X is a bargain for the price!

Related Articles

Advertisers