Flashing pedals your views plus a tiny folder.

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Hi Guys
I was doing a little searching on line for some Christmas prezzies and came across these:

Pedalite Pedals - I Want One Of Those

Flashing pedals :D They look a bit naff to me but I guess the idea is there :D

Also what about this:

A-Bike - I Want One Of Those

Now this made me laugh out loud! :D To quote
"The A Bike is the first truly portable and practical commuter bicycle" Gotta be kidding! Mmmmmmm I couldn't see me riding that any time soon! I was also trying to imagine it electrified :eek:
Just look at the size of those wheels!! Yikes!!
So funny and as for the price? Hilarious!!
Mandy

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Hi Guys

Also what about this:

A-Bike - I Want One Of Those

Now this made me laugh out loud! :D To quote
"The A Bike is the first truly portable and practical commuter bicycle" Gotta be kidding! Mmmmmmm I couldn't see me riding that any time soon! I was also trying to imagine it electrified :eek:
Just look at the size of those wheels!! Yikes!!
So funny and as for the price? Hilarious!!
Mandy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

whose having the last laugh though Mandy....they are SOLD OUT !!!!!!!!!!

are they really that many daft people about ?

Caph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 29, 2008
Nottingham, UK
Mandy, I've been using them for years and the latest version is very good indeed. They provide much needed side visibility at night as well as some additional front and rear noticeability. Best of all you never need to worry about batteries. My cycle to work is only ten minutes yet they stay flashing for several minutes after I stop. Must be pretty efficient. I think they should be made compulsory on kids bikes. Second best invention after flashing kids shoes I reckon. Don't knock additional visibility that might save your life!

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007

whose having the last laugh though Mandy....they are SOLD OUT !!!!!!!!!!

are they really that many daft people about ?
You didn't want one though did you? :D

Maybe peeps all over Britain will be opening there prezzies and finding one of them, yikes!
I just don't think it is practical in any way as the wheels look the size of a sixpence, in the old money of course, lol!
But I guess they are a gadget of some sort which you could carry into the pub and attempt to ride home :D
As for commuting? No way :D
Mandy

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Mandy, I've been using them for years and the latest version is very good indeed. They provide much needed side visibility at night as well as some additional front and rear noticeability. Best of all you never need to worry about batteries. My cycle to work is only ten minutes yet they stay flashing for several minutes after I stop. Must be pretty efficient. I think they should be made compulsory on kids bikes. Second best invention after flashing kids shoes I reckon. Don't knock additional visibility that might save your life!
Don't get me wrong Caph I did say the idea was there.
I just didn't like those one's and not knocking the concept as a very good one.
Is there any other different styles/shapes out there?
I would also prefer simple white flashing lights myself.
Regards
Mandy

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Don't get me wrong Caph I did say the idea was there.
I just didn't like those one's and not knocking the concept as a very good one.
Is there any other different styles/shapes out there?
I would also prefer simple white flashing lights myself.
Regards
Mandy

they are brilliant and so are "free lights".. these keep flashing for up to 3 minutes after you have stopped moving so even stood at traffic lights you still get extra visibility help...only extra not just on their own i hasten to add...

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
You didn't want one though did you? :D

I just don't think it is practical in any way as the wheels look the size of a sixpence, in the old money of course, lol!

sixpence....mmmmmmmmm :confused: sorry mandy i cant read no more on this posting as im totally confused,whats a six pence ? i dont go that faaaaaaaar back..:rolleyes:

RedSkywalker

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2008
"sixpence....mmmmmmmmm :confused: sorry mandy i cant read no more on this posting as im totally confused,whats a six pence ? i dont go that faaaaaaaar back.."

A farthing for your thoughts on that one Mandy! :D

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Flashing pedals may be a good idea but if they were really good then why are they attached to pedals that a serious cyclist wouldn't use?
I saw the launch of the A bike, Clive Sinclair riding around on it. I think there is a place for these bikes where they work well but I'd be very suprised if it's the streets of London!

Footie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2007
Cornwall. PL27
Hi Guys
I was doing a little searching on line for some Christmas prezzies and came across these:

Pedalite Pedals - I Want One Of Those
I like the idea but they wouldn’t be any good to me.
My short legs mean I have the seat set so that I can only "just" touch the ground (when seated) but it means my heal tends to over-hang the back of the pedal (best setting for max power to get up the Cornish Hills).
No one would see the lights from behind :eek:

Does anyone make transparent shoes :eek:

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
You didn't want one though did you?

sixpence....mmmmmmmmm :confused: sorry mandy i cant read no more on this posting as im totally confused,whats a six pence ? i dont go that faaaaaaaar back..
Yeah ok youngun, Well I do remember decimalisation at primary school :eek:
I liked the sound of sixpence as had a ring to it :cool:
instead of 5p or 10p --- so boring lol
Is this getting daft or am I just getting dafter :p

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
"sixpence....mmmmmmmmm :confused: sorry mandy i cant read no more on this posting as im totally confused,whats a six pence ? i dont go that faaaaaaaar back.."

A farthing for your thoughts on that one Mandy! :D
Naah, I don't go back that far :eek:
Vaguely remember a Hapenny though (Half penny) lol
Actually I have a selection of old coins that I bought on hols in Cornwall and I am only 18 really!! :p

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
I like the idea but they wouldn’t be any good to me.
My short legs mean I have the seat set so that I can only "just" touch the ground (when seated) but it means my heal tends to over-hang the back of the pedal (best setting for max power to get up the Cornish Hills).
No one would see the lights from behind :eek:

Does anyone make transparent shoes :eek:
I think they flash at the sides and front too :D
No don't know anyone who makes them? You could try going bare foot :eek:

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
what do you mean...going ?...

thats it no more for me,pure electric talk only...
:p Agreed

Me too :D
Speaking of pedals of the lighted kind, I would get some if the pedal were a better shape like Mussells said.
Plus whilst we are on the subject of free lights, I'm sure I have seen light up dust caps somewhere? Or is that just on cars? Or is that just my imagination? :D

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
:p Agreed

Me too :D
Speaking of pedals of the lighted kind, I would get some if the pedal were a better shape like Mussells said.
Plus whilst we are on the subject of free lights, I'm sure I have seen light up dust caps somewhere? Or is that just on cars? Or is that just my imagination? :D

dont know about that Mandy, the day i had to withdraw from driving due to my epileptic fit i ceased to know anything new about cars..it was never going to be an interst to me so it just was not of interest...only take in whats of use i try... "free lights" are the brand name for the type of lights i mentioned, the next bike i will get some more for sure......:cool:

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007

dont know about that Mandy, the day i had to withdraw from driving due to my epileptic fit i ceased to know anything new about cars..it was never going to be an interst to me so it just was not of interest...only take in whats of use i try... "free lights" are the brand name for the type of lights i mentioned, the next bike i will get some more for sure......:cool:
Oops, I thought "Free Lights" were because they were free lights as in light up when pedalling by motion only :D Now I think I'm tired.
I will have to google them.
I found some of those dust cover lights for bikes on the net and believe they are not for road use anyway :confused: I think I have seen them on boy racers cars on occasions, yikes
Good concept for being seen but maybe a bit posey? Plus possibly illegal? :D

Tirefly Flashing Dust Caps Schrader Valve Fit (Pair) £9.99-Discount Bicycles Ltd.

God I need to hit the duvet!!