Fly with Grace.

Polar753

Pedelecer
Feb 8, 2010
Scotland
Looks nice, €5877+VAT I like the hidden battery, reminds me of the Optibike.
Prefer the Flyer X I think its called.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The problem i would have is looking like a tool with a motorbike lid and a numberplate on a pedal bike
Although we didn't have helmets then, in the 1950s there were a million powered bicycles on the road for some while, all with number plates and tax discs. Never worried us:

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Last edited:

Psycosis

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2009
Walton On Thames
With the coppers being the way they are these days, they would have to be full size or you end up with a bunch of tickets. I see it doesn't look too bad on there.
On that note has anyone actually tried insuring and registering a bike that is over the legal limit?
I am curious about what the insurance companies charge for such a thing. Considering my car costs me £350 a year and thats group 20, i would hope a bike is a lot less, but i doubt it will be then you may as well buy a moped.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
On that note has anyone actually tried insuring and registering a bike that is over the legal limit?
I am curious about what the insurance companies charge for such a thing. Considering my car costs me £350 a year and thats group 20, i would hope a bike is a lot less, but i doubt it will be.
It would have to be type approved first before it could be registered and taxed. All the details in my post here.

Psycosis

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2009
Walton On Thames
Seems like a niche market, you will lose most of the benefits of having a bike in the first place, like being able to use bike lanes.
Its a shame when there are so many nice faster bikes coming out, and we can't use them.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sorry for being dim but I'm not sure what that means :confused:
Not too sure either, but the Grace site has got series and parallel mixed up, not inspiring confidence:

Our Energy Storage System Module, or ESSM, contains 60 lithium ion cells arranged into 5 “stacks" connected in series. Each “stack" contains 12 cells connected in parallel. The cells have 1.3AH each - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - -One fully charged ESSM stores approximately 6,5 AH of electrical energy at a nominal 48 volts and weighs 4kg.

Of course it's the other way round, each stack contains 12 cells connected in series to give the 48 volts, and the 5 stacks are connected in parallel to give the approximate 6.5 Ah.

Less gimmicks and improved accuracy would make it a better website.