Folding bikes

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
I have a 5 speed hub Brompton, fitted a woosh kit last year. Riden in all sorts of places, canal towpaths , tracks when dry ish.
I used to have a Bickerton bendy bike, now that was a strange beast, light, but flexible!

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
I have a 5 speed hub Brompton, fitted a woosh kit last year. Riden in all sorts of places, canal towpaths , tracks when dry ish.
I used to have a Bickerton bendy bike, now that was a strange beast, light, but flexible!
12 inch front wheel, the bike sounded like a creaking camp bed on each revolution of the crank...and felt just as sturdy! :D

But yes, very light weight and the handlebars on it were amazing, gave you so much control.

Reactions: jimriley

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
Anyone tried a Strida folding bike?

Belt driven, small wheels and folds up into about the size of a golf bag.

I have a clone version in the shed. I never rode it much because it was a bit of a pig. Way worse than the Brompton and about as expensive for the real one. I found the best use of mine when I went walking on the Camino de Santiago in Spain with my lady love. She just could not reduce her luggage to what she could carry and I knew I was going to end up carrying for her, so I figured I could use the Strida clone like a little donkey to put our bags on and just push it along. It was easy to stash it in the plane's baggage compartment, and it served its purpose very well.

We walked a hundred miles with this outfit and I actually rode it down some of the slopes. Couldn't pedal it with all this stuff on it though

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
Do you mean the one with the shock absorbing handlebars ?

If so I had one of those, if you hit a small obstacle or pothole the handlebars would shift forwards to compensate ................

Reactions: jimriley