For sale - Alien Aurora - 6 months old - open to offers

Pabs

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 29, 2010
For sale Alien Aurora just 6 months old with Upgrades and extras.

Front brake and rotor upgraded to an Avid BB7 brake with 185mm disk. (Standard front brake was pretty poor for the weight of the bike.) . Fitted with a non-suspension seat post to drastically lower seat height.. I'm 5 ft 6 in, and can now comfortably get both feet on the ground with this post.
Front and rear Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres. Front is 1.75 in wide, the rear is a 2.00 inch wide.
It comes with the standard cavernous double panniers.

For anyone not familiar with the Alien Aurora, it is not a 'road legal' bike, but due to the fact that the motor is physically the same size as a 250w legal motor, it doesn't look illegal. Top speed (with the wider tyres) is a little above 20mph on throttle only, but where this bike really shines is in pedal assist mode. There's no need to ever take it out of top gear! Here is a link to the Aurora at Aliens site. Electric Bicycles - Aurora £999

If there's someone thinking of buying an Aurora, make me an offer and you could bag yourself a bargain! Just need a new battery. Viewing available any evening/weekend.

Pabs

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
If there's someone thinking of buying an Aurora, make me an offer and you could bag yourself a bargain! Just need a new battery. Viewing available any evening/weekend.

Pabs
What happened to the original battery? Surely it hasn't failed in 6 months.

Pabs

Mar 29, 2010
I am in Robin Hood County i.e. Nottingham.

I purchased the bike towards on 11th March this year (am a second owner - previous owner got it around Xmas 2010) and used daily (week days from 1st April onwards).

I have posted the battery in question to Alien: below is the reply:-

Dear Mr Singh
We have put your battery through a series of tests and we are unable to revive it. The specific problem is that the voltage has fallen below a recoverable level and it won’t take a charge so I’m afraid we cannot bring it back to life. I appreciate that you’ve not had the bike for long but if the battery was not properly charged by the previous owner then the damage could have been done before you bought it and could explain why the previous owner decided to sell it. We do have replacement batteries in stock which cost £349 including carriage and if you’d like to order one please let me know. Also would you like us to return the old battery to you or should we dispose of it?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Regards

Jim

Jim Stevenson
AlienOcean
1-9 Plantation Street
Lochgelly
Fife
KY5 9LP
Tel: 01592 780528
Email: jim@alienocean.co.uk
Electric Bicycles - Home
synergiebikes.com

Pabs

Mar 29, 2010
Received the battery back from Jim @ AlienOcean. Decided to open the battery case, and guess what I want. One of the wires to the cells was not fixed, seem to have come off the solder joint. I have managed to fix this, and now find that the battery is charging.
Therefore have the Aurora fully working, so don't need to get a replacement battery - so no need to sell this Bike now!

Many thanks to all at the forum for the guidance and assistance, much appreciated!!

Pabs