For Sale For sale Bergamont Roxtar C 8.0 E-MTB 2016 (medium)

badlywornroy

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2018
Richmond North Yorkshire
Now REDUCED TO £850.00

Bergamont may not be the best known cycle brand but they are a quality German make designed and built in Hamburg. They make both normal bikes and 'pedal- assisted' E bikes.

The bike is size medium, I am approx 5'9" 30/31"inside leg and there is plenty of adjustment up & down.

This e-mtb (pedal-assisted) bike is powered by the top range Bosch Drive Unit Performance CX Line (250 Watt, 36V Max 25 km/h)

This is the bike: http://epowerbikes.co.uk/home/98-bergamont-roxtar-c-80.html N:B Bike has a Bosch 500 Power pack not 400 !

I purchased this bike in september 2017 as an ex-rental bike from 'e-venturebikes' in Keswick in the Lake district. The bike had 1,500 miles on the odometer and had been expertly maintained 'in house'.

The odometer now reads 2,448 so I have ridden approx 950 miles.
This is relatively light use for a well maintained bike of this quality and with the correct maintenance will last many more miles/years.

I am 72 and am a road/gravel biker (I have 2 other bikes) and this e-mtb has never been ridden by me on serious mountain bike terrain. The bike has been overwhelmingly used on roads or light gravel. It was purchased as an alternative 'fun bike' and it has provided that for me in abundance. I am doing less outdoor cycling now (old father time & Zwift !) and this bike is rarely being used.

Bike is mechanically A1, some cosmetic paint rubs etc as you would expect. (I inherited these) No rust, the bike has an alloy frame.
Bike had a professional service 400 miles ago, at Westbrooke Cycles, Stokesley, TS9 5DG. They are a Bergamont dealer.

During this service a new chain, a new 10 speed cassette and new front Bosche chainring was fitted. Bills are available.

The Bosch motor and battery performance were checked on the Bosche computer during the service and all A1. When not in use the battery is stored indoors at 80% charge as recommended by Bosch and charged to 100% before the ride

The bike well be checked/serviced by my dealer prior to delivery to new owner.

2 new tyres have recently been fitted as per original spec 650b/27.5" 1 x Schwalbe Rocket Ron & 1 x Schwalbe Racing Ralph.

I have also fitted Mudhugger guards front & back and 'ergo' comfort handlebar grips.

I am a careful bloke when cycling (you have to be at my age !) and there are no 'short cuts' taken with this bike. It is safe and ready to ride.

The front suspension fork is adjustable depending on road/off road riding conditions.

Shimano 10 speed SLX RD-M675 SGS Shadow Plus gearing.

Shimano disc brakes of course.

Collection only, we are near Richmond North Yorkshire (close to A1M) however I have a suitable car bike rack and am willing to travel a reasonable distance to meet a serious potential buyer. eg. if you are coming from the south maybe Wetherby services on A1M ? Coming from the north ? talk to me.

Happy to answer any questions.

Bike is advertised elsewhere.

Price: £850.00

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

badlywornroy

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2018
Richmond North Yorkshire
Yes it is Paul,

I have two other interested parties (one on here) the bike is currently having a pre-sale service and I should get a report on motor & battery condition (number of charge cycles etc) this at the request of one potential buyer. While stressing that I have no definite buyer yet I feel it only fair to conduct
negoiations in the order I received the enquiries. I hope to get the bike back today (friday) or tomorrow. Shall I keep you informed ? Incidentally whereabouts are you ?

paul downing

Just Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Yes it is Paul,

I have two other interested parties (one on here) the bike is currently having a pre-sale service and I should get a report on motor & battery condition (number of charge cycles etc) this at the request of one potential buyer. While stressing that I have no definite buyer yet I feel it only fair to conduct
negoiations in the order I received the enquiries. I hope to get the bike back today (friday) or tomorrow. Shall I keep you informed ? Incidentally whereabouts are you ?
I would very much like to be kept informed, it sounds like a cracking bike. A friend of mine also on here, told me of this bike when I mentioned I fancied an electric mountain bike. He is quite knowledgeble about electric bikes and owns a few.We both live just outside Gateshead, beside the MetroCentre. I can easily collect as I have an estate car. Many thanks Paul.

badlywornroy

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2018
Richmond North Yorkshire
Ok Paul,

If it is a bike that suits you and the money is right you will have no problems with the bike. If you would like to share a phone number with me via ‘conversations’ I will keep you informed.
Roy

Last edited:

Laser Man

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2018
Michelmersh SO51
A random question - are you a keen photographer with a Sony or Minolta camera???