For upto £4k which ebike for red trails and maybe one day black?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the 400 and 500 are the same size but the 625 is longer so only that will fit if he went for the bigger batt option.

cant really carry any of them in a back pack tho.

8.8hrs to fully charge the 625w

Carlbiker

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
That extra £300 is halfway to a spare powertube 500 battery, will keep the bike lighter and you'll have mega all day range with the spare ready in the car boot for mid day swap out
That’s kind of my thinking actually....also it’s abit like investing in something to potentially cure a problem that doesn’t exist if I never run out of juice normally which I don’t, I’m not planning great journeys just yet. Would be good to know if the 625 fits in the 500 slot though

I think I’m going to buy a kiox display maybe with the savings

Carlbiker

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
the 400 and 500 are the same size but the 625 is longer so only that will fit if he went for the bigger batt option.

cant really carry any of them in a back pack tho.

8.8hrs to fully charge the 625w
Ah just seen this, actually I have a 6ah fast charger so 3x faster charging I think...you’d just mount the extra battery instead of charging and rework the bottle maybe?

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
That’s kind of my thinking actually....also it’s abit like investing in something to potentially cure a problem that doesn’t exist if I never run out of juice normally which I don’t, I’m not planning great journeys just yet. Would be good to know if the 625 fits in the 500 slot though

I think I’m going to buy a kiox display maybe with the savings
I think you both are missing the point, the bikes are different models, the H30 with a 500w powertube battery the H25 with a 625w powertube battery, the rest of the specs are identical

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can only use the bosch charger it wont work with anything else but both bikes are the same bar the battery size.

Carlbiker

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
I think you both are missing the point, the bikes are different models, the H30 with a 500w powertube battery the H25 with a 625w powertube battery, the rest of the specs are identical
im aware of that hence mention of the £300 extra which is what’s being discussed atm. from my understanding they all accept two batteries, it might be you can only fit one size in the frame however but anything as a second, I’ll check with the store, it’s out of my hands though as they only have h30 but I’m okay with this, it’s most way part to a second or a Kiox display with change left over

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
dont forget the dongle lol :cool:

Carlbiker

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
dont forget the dongle lol :cool:
Appreciated, I’d noticed the kits are almost the same price without!

what are folks thoughts with fitness trackers? I’ve fallen in love with that multi colour Apple watch 6 but currently have a mi band 5, watch breaking a common thing?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Appreciated, I’d noticed the kits are almost the same price without!

what are folks thoughts with fitness trackers? I’ve fallen in love with that multi colour Apple watch 6 but currently have a mi band 5, watch breaking a common thing?
kiox has that dont know how good it is tho.

Determining fitness data
For daily work-out sessions: The on-board computer provides all important training data in real time and shows the rider's cadence, calories burnt and personal performance. This makes it easier to set and attain fitness goals

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
im aware of that hence mention of the £300 extra which is what’s being discussed atm. from my understanding they all accept two batteries, it might be you can only fit one size in the frame however but anything as a second, I’ll check with the store, it’s out of my hands though as they only have h30 but I’m okay with this, it’s most way part to a second or a Kiox display with change left over
so if it's out of your hands, and they only have the one bike, why the dilemma over which one to choose?

Carlbiker

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
Hey,If you prefer them then fair play..
I’ve not had chance to test the Cube out other than the Kathmandu but the Orbea just felt more responsive, maybe the stereo gives the same feel too but in the end I just trusted in the bike mechanics and advisors. There all great I imagine but the on road riding is a concern to me, I find myself getting little benefit going past coasting level and the effort it requires

Rouge Rider

Pedelecer
May 14, 2017
Sunderland
I’ve not had chance to test the Cube out other than the Kathmandu but the Orbea just felt more responsive, maybe the stereo gives the same feel too but in the end I just trusted in the bike mechanics and advisors. There all great I imagine but the on road riding is a concern to me, I find myself getting little benefit going past coasting level and the effort it requires
Road riding is fine,these bikes only support upto 15.5mph roughly,and because these bikes pull you to those speeds so.easily its easy to think it isn't doing much..the orbea has many fans so I'm sure it will be very good..I've owned a lot of branded bikes over the years and have found the cube suits me best..