Forest of Dean commuter

Ravener

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 7, 2018
Mitcheldean
Hello,

I bought my first e-bike for a number of reasons but mainly for commuting into Gloucester when I can but without feeling like a needed a kip when I got there or home! I'm lucky to have nearly all my 19 mile commute along some pretty quiet B and single passing point roads.

I'm interested in using trains to get that bit further and perhaps some camping.

A list of trusted charging and lock-up resources would be useful. Perhaps bike shops need to get a scheme going.

I'll still use my MTB for single track as my e-bike is just not nimble and fun enough.

Cheers,

Mark

SwiggyG

Sep 3, 2016
Stroud
Hi Mark, sounds like a good idea. Maybe a list of cafes or shops that are willing to let people charge up for a small fee. Your welcome to come over to Stroud to charge up if you ever head out this way.

Ross_Dr

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2017
Southampton
Hi There,

I like the sound of shops and such likes getting together for doing a charging scheme for when you are passing by as this sort of promotes being a bit more social whilst out e-biking. Would definitely be a help to the community.

Ross

Ravener

Jan 7, 2018
Mitcheldean
Hi Mark, sounds like a good idea. Maybe a list of cafes or shops that are willing to let people charge up for a small fee. Your welcome to come over to Stroud to charge up if you ever head out this way.
Hello SG (I presume!) - thanks - I shall get across to Stroud sometime and likewise - just use the plug around the back if no-one in! Using a full battery for the work round trip so need to get used to the lower motor assists! MR