Forthcoming EU Red Tape Bonfire

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My sheds havent rotted yet and I use cuprinol garden shades it is water based, also fo the last 18 years I have used it to paint the exterior of my beehives non have rotted or suffer from being out 24/7 365 dyas a year.
My sheds I re-coat every 4 -5 years.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
eddie pj nuked a 500w bosch batt with a gen 2 cx motor in a non stop climb up a mountain and got 10 miles.
What current was his controller drawing for those 10 miles?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
gen 2 has 20a controller so that's what gets you up the hill ;)

DSC_0115.JPG

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Try used engine oil. That'll stop it rotting and if all else fails it will burn well.
Wow, that's an interesting idea I hadn't considered! If I use used cooking oil, I would worry rats would become confused and eat my shed... presumably that won't happen with used engine oil. But I'm not a driver anymore, so would have to beg for the stuff at local garages. I might apply the Lidl layer first, then cover with used cooking oil, hoping that the combination won't trigger ratty taste buds...

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
My sheds havent rotted yet and I use cuprinole garden shades it is water based, also fo the last 18 years I have used it to paint the exterior of my beehives non have rotted or suffer form being out 24/7 365 dyas a year.
My sheds I re-coat every 4 -5 years.
Sounds like a good brand name worked well, I'll have a google for prices... My shed is about 20 years old, already there when I moved. Overall it's in good knick, but most of the horizontal exterior boards are rotting away, will need patching after applying preservative. At least I don't have to worry about the thick corrugated plastic roof.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

you cant do that with out power ;)

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

you cant do that with out power ;)
I tried to pedelec up an incline like that a couple of weeks ago on my Dahon bbs01b conversion, the motor was fine but my balance wasn't - battery on rear rack caused wheelies. Luckily there's a walk function, got there in the end, then looked for a less scary descent on the other side... Took this pic using just moonlight at the top while eating a kebab in almost total darkness - 1 minute long exposure makes it look like a sunny day. I don't post pics of my bike much, because it doesn't look as cool as everyone elses lol. But it does the job, and still folds for commuting. I've tidied up the wiring since...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
image (5).jpg

he liked the rain and mud but not for me but got new motors with the 2 year warranty;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The main thing is PV panel is much more efficient at converting solar energy into electricity than any other paths such as solar thermal panels, bio-fuel crops etc. Metals dissolve in rain water: modern solar panels contain zero cadmium and a tiny amount of lead in its associated electronics but people still cite them as dangerous. Look at how much dangerous stuff are found in mobile phones and car batteries.
The earth is hot for geothermal, and lithium is abundant in the oceans

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The main thing is PV panel is much more efficient at converting solar energy into electricity than any other paths such as solar thermal panels, bio-fuel crops etc. Metals dissolve in rain water: modern solar panels contain zero cadmium and a tiny amount of lead in its associated electronics but people still cite them as dangerous. Look at how much dangerous stuff are found in mobile phones and car batteries.
Hope your security system is up to snuff Woosh

I doubt thieves will give them away for free:

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
[/QUOTE]
After inviting suggestions for getting rid of EU Red Tape , Jacob Rees Mogg has narrowed down 2000 suggestions to 9 . These will be taken forward to get rid of` hated `EU red tape .
So 2000 suggestions and only 9 selected.

Sounds more like a damp squib than a bonfire, to be expected I guess.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Presumably what the politician really means is that there might be a minor adjustment of the limits.
It's easy to imagine angry and elderly Express readers with leathery wings foaming at the mouth rattling on and on at pterodactyl Rees-Mogg about the absurd illegality of pedelec throttles; an unpleasant vision which gives me tentative hope.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
whatever else they come up with next? They did not forecast earthquakes in Yorkshire at the beginning and when minor earthquakes happened, that destroyed their credibility, it shows how little preparation work went into this project.

Hope your security system is up to snuff Woosh
Most of my stock is in bike parts.
in the last 12 years, the only bikes that went missing were from the couriers' depots. I now send the fully assembled bikes to the couriers' distribution warehouse, so that risk is theoretically eliminated (not the same couriers though).

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's easy to imagine angry and elderly Express readers with leathery wings foaming at the mouth rattling on and on at pterodactyl Rees-Mogg about the absurd illegality of pedelec throttles; an unpleasant vision which gives me tentative hope.
the fully acting throttle is largely ignored. I have not come across any case where someone was prosecuted for having one. It's not the same for manufacturers though, we have to comply.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk