Forum clock awry?

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
The clock on this forum seems to have thrown a wobbly again. I made a post at 05:52, and it was logged as being at 06:49. I notice that other posts have similarly obviously incorrect times.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
The clock on this forum seems to have thrown a wobbly again. I made a post at 05:52, and it was logged as being at 06:49. I notice that other posts have similarly obviously incorrect times.
It'll be alright in a couple of months. :)

torrent99

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2008
Highgate, London
Yes the clock on the forum is bizarre. For instance you say it logged your post as 06:49, well it displays on my view as 06:57!!!

It's not just daylight savings, sometimes it's only 40mins or so in the future, sometimes over an hour!

Rod Tibbs

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2008
I am also suspicious about the level of "numbers viewing." I have looked at the site at some really odd time and it seems there is never less that 17 viewing! I know e bikers are keen but at six in the morning?

Rod

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Rodd, the site is constantly being indexed by google and the other search engines. Some of those 'users' will be their spiders indexing the site and they will appear as 'guests' in 'Who is online'.

All spider traffic is excluded from the GA traffic monitoring though.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I am also suspicious about the level of "numbers viewing." I have looked at the site at some really odd time and it seems there is never less that 17 viewing! I know e bikers are keen but at six in the morning?

Rod
We are viewed by many in the USA and other time zones around the world, and have members in China, New Zealand and Australia.

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
Not as bizarre as all that

Yes the clock on the forum is bizarre. For instance you say it logged your post as 06:49, well it displays on my view as 06:57!!!
6:49 was my original post in another thread; 06:57 was my one about it starting this thread!

murphy61

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 19, 2008
north coast of ireland

Rod
On the same subject, if it says, say, 10 members and 14 guests, then counting the list of members online always comes to nine- one less than the number shown. The one missing isn't me because on my screen I am always first. So who is the mystery extra member? Is it Flecc? I've never seen his little icon showing green yet!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
On the same subject, if it says, say, 10 members and 14 guests, then counting the list of members online always comes to nine- one less than the number shown. The one missing isn't me because on my screen I am always first. So who is the mystery extra member? Is it Flecc? I've never seen his little icon showing green yet!
Some members opt for anonimity, so the numbers shown as online can exceed the names shown. Keep an eye on the discrepancy and at times it will be two or more less!

There's no conspiracy as you can see, some of us just prefer red icons. :cool:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Mystery solved! Thanks Flecc. I didn't know it was possible to appear offline.
Yes, go to Quick Links at the top of this page, click Edit Options and the top item is the one to check. Then at the foot click the Save Changes button.

Now we'll probably see everyone vanish. :eek: :D