Forum running really slow

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

Anybody else getting it. I'm not having any problems on other forums. My PC is a top spec gaming machine, so shouldn't have any problem with forum stuff, but I'm getting massive delays in nearly everything I do.

I've got a feeling that it's something to do with those ads on the side because when I shrink the window to exclude them, there's an initial 10 second delay, then speed is normal. Scrolling, while they're present is impossible. This is really frustrating. Anybody got any ideas?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no problems here how much ram do you have and how many windows open google eats page file mem if i leave windows open over time even with 24gb of ram 15 can take 30% mem

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Anybody else getting it. I'm not having any problems on other forums. My PC is a top spec gaming machine, so shouldn't have any problem with forum stuff, but I'm getting massive delays in nearly everything I do.

I've got a feeling that it's something to do with those ads on the side because when I shrink the window to exclude them, there's an initial 10 second delay, then speed is normal. Scrolling, while they're present is impossible. This is really frustrating. Anybody got any ideas?
I too have been feeling it is slow. Most particularly when I jump from an alert into a thread - seems to take forever retrieving the thread contents and then presenting it. Mind, my broadband is awful - just 6Mbps - but that has not changed!

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
It's intermittent. Like Oyster, it can take an age to load an actual thread, some times I give up. I too blamed it on broadband (we dream of 6meg). Using an HP laptop or my pc, it's the same.
I note that the 3 posts,so far, are Telford and west wales - is there a geographical theme here?:rolleyes:
(Ooops - apart from SW and he's planet Zob isn't he?)

Reactions: oyster

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Welcome to the exciting world of crypto-currency mining :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not noted any problems on my W10 notebook, still the one I'm using from a couple years ago when I had issues with speed content loading. A few w10 upgrades and some browsing setting advice from SW helped greatly and only have basic broadband from PlusNet.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
My old iPad 2 is coping ok today
Some sites that are realy add heavy and it constantly crashes, so much so that I can't use them, what car being the most recent and annoying o_O as I'm looking for a new car ;)

D

Deleted member 4366

No problem on my tablet. It's only the pc, and only Pedelecs forum, like there's some scipt running as soon as I have the page active. I can be logged on and have it running whilst using a different tab without problems.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
I`m on Firefox with Adblock Plus and up to 35 tabs running all the time, this site seems ok,

hard to believe though with all that bandwidth taken up with the avalanche of pathetic images posted daily in the Brexit thread.

• :D
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I only use the PC online and am having no problems on this site, despite letting the adverts show.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
hard to believe though with all that bandwidth taken up with the avalanche of pathetic images posted daily in the Brexit thread.
That's just sour grapes. The images you refer to are small, click on them and they don't enlarge.

Click on the large number of excellent bike photos posted in the last 24 hours in the cycling forums and you'll see they are usually huge, not even fitting on my monitor screen. If images are what is taking up the bandwidth you now know where to look.

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm back on my PC. There's no problem most of the time, but as soon as i scroll down to where the Swytch and Edge ads are, it locks and goes all sort of out of phase with scrolling because of the massive delays in response. This started a few days ago.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
SW is the kiddie usually with a tech answer for pc stuff as well as crap like reclaiming your name which isn't your name o_O.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
open task manager and see what is maxing out :) ill change my name to sound wave and get a po box for me address n fook me see rm prices for one of those things lol.

Advertisers