Frame Only + Motor- where to buy?

ajefford

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 31, 2015
Hi All,
I've scoured the UK net up and down and was wondering if there is anyway (perhaps in EU?) to get just a raw "bones" of an eBike with a mid-motor - frame only.

eg. a Cube Hybrid e Bike but just frame/motor or similar - looking at 250W here.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
What mid motor?

Why just the frame kit?

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Hi All,
I've scoured the UK net up and down and was wondering if there is anyway (perhaps in EU?) to get just a raw "bones" of an eBike with a mid-motor - frame only.

eg. a Cube Hybrid e Bike but just frame/motor or similar - looking at 250W here.
Why not buy a kit and fit it to any frame you like?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Bosch do not supply their motors for kit builds.

ajefford

Dec 31, 2015
i thought i was being specific - sorry.

i want something like the Cube hybrid ebike, but just the frame and motor, without all components, wheels, bars, etc. , or a Haibike frame+motor, or a giant frame+motor etc etc

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Frame plus motor? Then the custom battery is required.
To connect to custom fittings. And controller,input and display units.

Why make it so hard for yourself?

ajefford

Dec 31, 2015
errr i'm not d8ve - i'm asking on a forum if its possible, before i got and do it.....

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
errr i'm not d8ve - i'm asking on a forum if its possible, before i got and do it.....
Any thing is possible. We tend to deal in how can I , as a precursor to try this way. So what do you want. I have a BH mid motor frame in my garage.
I transferred the motor to a Kalkoff. Are you interested it has the Panasonic fittings.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
What are you trying to achieve, what is your end goal? Presumably you have a bike already and you want to transfer wheels/brakes etc?

Is cost a big issue?

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
What are you trying to achieve, what is your end goal? Presumably you have a bike already and you want to transfer wheels/brakes etc?

Is cost a big issue?

We have answered his question.
He/she isn't clarifying well.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Buy a whole bike and strip it down - sell the parts you don't want on ebay as brand new 0 km.

i thought i was being specific - sorry.

i want something like the Cube hybrid ebike, but just the frame and motor, without all components, wheels, bars, etc. , or a Haibike frame+motor, or a giant frame+motor etc etc
I'm sure a dealer would help you with this, certainly I could recommend a couple of KTM dealers who'd happily split a bike and sell you the eBits from it, ie, frame, motor, battery, magnet, and display.

if any of the KTM bikes take your fancy message me and I'll put you in touch with a suitable dealer who'll do this for you.