Frame Size/height

Lizb

Just Joined
Jan 12, 2019
Hi, new to the group, thanks for letting me join. I just had a trial of a Carrera Crossfire ebike 18” which I loved. However the Crosspath is a better bike (with pannier etc) for £80 more so I’d like to order that, unfortunately it’s not in store for me to check sizes. My question is that they only have 20” available, I’m 5’7” - anyone on here my height managing ok on a 20”?

Thanks

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
You will only know if you try it.

Bike sizing is not universal, so a 20" in one model may feel different to a 20" in another model.

As a general point, 20" would usually be a largish frame which would probably be too big for you.

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
My wife has a Carrera Crosspath and faced the same issue - only size in shop was a 20". She is 5'9" to 5' 10", and I am so glad that we stuck out for an 18" frame. The 20" would have been much too big. I am 6' and can ride the 18" with no problems. I agree with RobF, you will probably find the 20" too big. Only way to tell, though is to ride them both! Incidentally, its a lovely bike - no problems at all with it.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
You've probably already noticed on the forum a lot of concerns with Crossfire.

The Crosspath being a step-through means frame size is less important; however I agree with the others that 20" may be a bit big. We've got an 18" Raleigh Motus step-through which is fine for my wife (5'5") and me (5'10"). Shame the 18" Crosspath seems to be unavailable.

In the old days the recommendation for 5'10" riders was 23", but I found 21" much better. Certainly the fashion now for much smaller frames and longer seat posts.

Lizb

Just Joined
Jan 12, 2019
Thank you all for your comments, it’s so helpful to hear from folks who have genuine experience with this . I’m hopeful they’ll find an 18” somewhere in the next month or so.