Free OU course. Introduction to Electronics

kevind

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 19, 2020
I've been trying to learn a little more as my knowledge on, say, what a mosfet is is zeroo_O. After grinding my way through some youtube vids I came across the free OU course on introducing electronics. It's free to sign up. It says by the end you should be able to:
  • recognise a variety of exciting high-tech products and systems enabled by electronics
  • manipulate voltages, currents and resistances in electronic circuits
  • demonstrate familiarity with basic electronic components and use them to design simple electronic circuits
  • see how signals can be represented in the time and frequency domains for Fourier analysis
  • record, analyse and filter audio signals to improve their fidelity.

Have only just started it so can't comment on how relevant it is to ebikes. This is more by way of a heads up if anyone else is interested. Would be happy to hear of anything similar that people have found to increase their knowledge of how this stuff works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swizz
V

VoodooBoy

That's interesting. Do you have something similar about networks?

kevind

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 19, 2020
That's interesting. Do you have something similar about networks?
The course isn't anything to do with me. I just added it as I couldn't see much using the search button about learning the basics of the science behind ebikes. I did see a Udemy course I liked called: "crash course in electronics and PCB design" I would have done that but the software used to simulate pcb building doesn't work on a Mac. https://www.udemy.com/course/crash-course-electronics-and-pcb-design/

Reactions: KirstinS