For Sale Freego Eagle 2012 Model

Flynn

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 6, 2010
Hi All, I have a Freego Eagle 2012 model it is in generally good condition but in need of a new battery given that the one fitted will not take a charge.
The bike has been stood in the shed for a couple of years and to my shame I have not maintained the battery properly.
The bike was working perfectly when last used albeit with some battery sag on the hills.
As you will see the battery is not fitted in the pictures but I do have it and the original battery charger which has always worked perfectly.
I am asking £120, the bike is located in Stoke on Trent and would need to be collected.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A good bargain for someone and would make for an excellent first foray into ebikes or make a very good spare backup bike, less then £200 will get it working with a new battery or someone with the knowhow could do something with it for less then £100 and. A good working one then could likely get £500 for it in todays market place.
Condition looks pretty good from the pic bar the chain not sat on the front chain ring.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: wheeliepete

Flynn

Mar 6, 2010
Thank you for your comments Nealh I am surprised by the lack of interest I thought it was something of a bargain too. I have put the chain back on the front ring and the bike is functioning well without power on the flat.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes a shame non one is that interested, some can't see a good bike in front of them. Freego's are a good solid bike and this is just before they tied up with Wisper for a while. Hence it isn't to dissimilar to Wispers of 2013/14 with the mid seat battery mounting.

If Iived locally I would have bought it to put it in electrical working order, an ideal one for the wife or I could quite easily offer it for resale in working order.
It like Goergehenrys supersub Oxygen emate bike and has many goods years of use ahead of it, it too is of a similar age and has the same battery/mount.

Come on pedelecers someone local to S-on-T must be interested in a v.g condition bike that needs little to get it working. One can easily check it works by using any generic type battery to temporary wire up to see all is working, so not hard to do and at £120 or £100 it is a bargain for anyone.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Although no longer in production the modern day new Freego eagle is £1400 for sale.
£600 isn't far off the mark for a working one in todays market where good bikes are in short supply, currently one on ebay for £590.

Flynn

Mar 6, 2010
Nealh
Thank you for the benefit of your experience, it has certainly given me food for thought and I think I may take your advice and purchase the second option battery that you have linked to.

Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The new battery comes with a new fitted mount/bottom plate so if the battery isn't 100% with the old one, one simply swaps the old out for the new. The only other thing to double check is the polarity order is the same so the controller doesn't blow.

Flynn

Mar 6, 2010
Nealh
Okay I have decided to order the battery and give it a go, I may even decide to keep it when it is up and running again. Thank you again for your advice.

Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not too much has changed in 10 years barring the frame tweak in design.

2012 model.
SAM_2245.JPG

2020/21 model.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The main issue is the controller and display they are no longer made and if any very scarce few left, but for owners KT replacements are < £100.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Nealh
Thank you for the benefit of your experience, it has certainly given me food for thought and I think I may take your advice and purchase the second option battery that you have linked to.
I too would have happily grabbed this if closer to home and agree it's worth you putting a new battery on it to sell.

Flynn

Mar 6, 2010
As you say the new model is very similar but it is as you say a good solid bike so why change what isn't broken.
The controller and display certainly were working fine but if it becomes an issue then the price of KT replacements would be perfectly palatable to keep it running.

Flynn

Mar 6, 2010
Thank you also for your comment wheeliepete I do value the advice of the experienced people on the forum.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I too would have happily grabbed this if closer to home and agree it's worth you putting a new battery on it to sell.
It's worth a new battery as a keeper and as Flynn has said it is a solid bike, this or a halfords Hesc carrera. I know which I would have for a fraction of the price even at 10 years old.

• Agree
Reactions: wheeliepete

Seanoge

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
Gulval, Penzance
Freego made good bikes, my Wife's Regency is still going (New Battery) after 7 years. I bought myself a 3 year old one for £450 last year and it is in perfect condition....except for the battery......Think I'll go for the Battery Flynn bought....but inflation...then £157.44...now £182. Thank you all .