Freego Eagle for sale

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Hi.... I'm looking to sell my Freego Eagle with 15ah battery.
The paperwork says it'll be 2 years old in October 13.

When I bought it 3 months ago it was in absolutely mint condition, not even any dirt under the mudguards.
The lady I bought it from told me that while the battery had been charged regularily, they had barely used the bike in the previous 12 months.

I used it for a month before I realized that it was too big for me, so any purchaser should be no weakling and should be taller than my 5'6"

The battery has checked out perfectly and after being left 3 weeks, when the charger is plugged in it goes immediately to green.
The hub motor is very powerful and quickly takes the bike up to full speed, 15mph, on throttle alone.

The wheels are true, tyres are as new, the brakes could do with adjusting.

Selling for £550 for a quick sale...buyer would need to collect from Wakefield.

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
Is it a step through or crossbar model?
What ah is the battery?

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
I wonder how this would compare to my ezee cadence? I love the cadence but it just falls short of the range I need with it's 10ah battery

I'm certain a 15ah would be more than enough I just don't know if this freego eagle would do hills as well as the cadence does

don't have any pictures do you? what sort of range have you achieved on throttle alone?

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
don't have any pictures do you? what sort of range have you achieved on throttle alone
....I will try to post some pictures.

....no idea on the throttle range....other than testing it that one time I've never used the throttle much .

.....Mike

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
I wonder how this would compare to my ezee cadence? I love the cadence but it just falls short of the range I need with it's 10ah battery

I'm certain a 15ah would be more than enough I just don't know if this freego eagle would do hills as well as the cadence does

don't have any pictures do you? what sort of range have you achieved on throttle alone?
This is a different bike to an eZee Cadence. Not saying better or worse but different, ie lighter and almost certainly more nimble, whereas the Cadence is a big comfortable cruiser.

If you like the Cadence then buy a bigger battery for it from CycleZee. Your old one could be a spare or sell it on eBay (eZee batteries always sell well on there).

That said if you are looking to change your bike this looks value for money.

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
This is a different bike to an eZee Cadence. Not saying better or worse but different, ie lighter and almost certainly more nimble, whereas the Cadence is a big comfortable cruiser.

If you like the Cadence then buy a bigger battery for it from CycleZee. Your old one could be a spare or sell it on eBay (eZee batteries always sell well on there).

That said if you are looking to change your bike this looks value for money.
the battery's are very expensive I mean extortionate to be frank £545 for a 15ah, the battery's at Woosh seem much cheaper but aren't compatible

I'm considering this freego and also sacko's cube, decisions!

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Minor point battery is 16ah but previously listed as 17.5ah as FreeGo had the batterys tested and came out above the quoted 16ah. Batteries are more expensive than Woosh but you do benefit from large number of different dealers across the UK.

One final point if you are ever in the area we can test FreeGo batteries. The result gives a percentage reading.

Anyway good luck with the sale, we have found them to be good bikes

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
I'm considering this freego and also sacko's cube, decisions!
If it's the one I think it is, don't think you can go too far wrong with that !

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Bumping this up.....Last chance before it goes on Ebay. I'm pretty sure battery is perfect.

I put it on charge nearly 3 weeks ago...within 5 minutes went to green.
...put it on charge 3 days ago...within a minute went to green.
I waited 30 minutes and read voltage with volt meter...reading 41.6 :
I read voltage again 2 days ago...still 41.6.

Read voltage again today ....41.6...before taking bike for a 4 mile ride.
30 minutes after I got back I again read voltage 41.00...just read it again ...still 41.00.
....Cannot fault the battery....shown as 36 volt 16ah....powerful bike

.....incidentally, It's fitted with a wired Cateye Enduro 8 trip computer.

....Buy now for £495 or wait till it's on Ebay with a 99p starting price.

cheers....Mike

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Totally off topic but..... I notice the picture of your bike has a backdrop of a Fiat Ducato. Have you carried the bike in the back of it? I'm looking for a suitable vehicle to carry two Kalkhoff ProConnects in the back - out of the weather and wondered if something like the Fiat would be suitable.

Thanks.

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Hi Mike...I always carry my bike in the van, When I first got the van, 4 years ago, I did toy with the idea of getting a rack but decided against it, mind you I only carry 1 bike, not sure it'd take 2.
.....Mike

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
bikes also fit in the back of the Peugeot Expert (2007>), which is a bit more compact, I think.
There's 7'6" from bulkhead to back doors.

There's a 3-seater bench conversion ( 2+1) available, for a 2nd row, & with the 3rd seat out it'll just take 2 bikes.

If you're interested I can post pictures.

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
No, It is still for sale if you are interested. I took it for a 10 mile ride a few days ago.
I took it up a steep hill, mostly like s**t off a shovel, when I got back home I put it on charge, after
3 hours, fully charged, voltmeter read off at 41.6...to me that's a good indication that the battery is fine.
cheers....Mike