Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Anti.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is normal to screw a freewheel on clockwise.

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
The motto is Don't believe everything you see on Youtube. I have seen demo videos on their that are frighteningly dangerous practises]

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
The motto is Don't believe everything you see on Youtube. I have seen demo videos on their that are frighteningly dangerous practises]

No I never believe what's on YouTube, as like you said frighteningly dangerous practises

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
Although to be fair, there are also some very useful guides on there. You just need to be careful and apply a little bit of common sense to what you are seeing.

Reactions: sjpt

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
Videos are often presented as mirror images. Did the Youtube video, to which you refer, have the freewheel on the correct (right/drive) side of the wheel?

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk

Well I have been trying to unscrew the freewheel anti clockwise. but it seems to tighten up after once its turned a bit which seems loose at 1st . But don't you have to stop the cog wheel moving too. But it all seems linked together. and no way is that freewheel nut coming off as like I said it seems to tighten instead of unscrewing

Don't the cog wheel have to be turned clockwise, as that's where it grips to pedal . and anti clockwise is then you pedal backwards but don't turn cogs.

EDIT: At last I’ve got it off. Bloody tight as hell lol but plenty of wd40 loosened it

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What was you trying to undo that nut on the axle shaft ? If so that isn't the freewheel is it.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
What was you trying to undo that nut on the axle shaft ? If so that isn't the freewheel is it.
no the freewheel remover is below that but. I had to put the axle nut over the freewheel tool so it pressed into the 4 groves on the freewheel as cable was stopping it

Ive also now managed to remove the motor, but still cant remove the side case, to access wires inside as will now need a new cable. I think I would need to somehow remove those washers on axle

Last edited: