Front bike light comparison viewer

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Stumbled across this neat bike light review and comparison webpage, whilst searching for a suitable commuting light.

Scroll down to around a third way down the page for the interactive comparison viewer:

Review: Lezyne Macro Drive front light | road.cc | Road cycling news, Bike reviews, Commuting, Leisure riding, Sportives and more
That's a very good little tool. Check out the Knog Boomer USB for £32.99, Moon Comet @ £30 etc... - be absolutely terrifying going in there with one of those !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magicshine MJ-808E is closest to one of the single Cree T6 lights for £17.49 upwards ....

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I went to night school so I could see in the dark.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
I'm utterly gobsmacked at the money people seem to be willing to pay for some not very good lighting.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
A neat feature is you can drag the centre line on the picture of the tunnel, left or right, to get a full lighting view of individual products.

Energize

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 22, 2013
Those lights seem very overpriced, you can buy an 800 lumen torch for around £40 and put that on your handlebars.

Justafan

Apr 9, 2013
Dave/Scimitar
you might want to consider this one also.

$46.63 UltraFire CREE 1*XM-L T6 + 2*XP-G R5 4-Mode 1000-Lumen 3-LED White Bicycle Bike Light - 4*18650 (2S2P) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

My finger has been twitching on this niteye B30 clone.
Not quite all the bells and whistles of the B30 but same 3 leds for around an amazing fifth of the price!
I expect the battery pack to be pants but still an amazing light for the money.
Really like the versatility of this 3 light set up.

I've been reading lots on torches recently and Chinese is def the way to go.
Good Torches are fine for off-road use but often too much glare for motorists when used on-road.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Dave/Scimitar
you might want to consider this one also.

$46.63 UltraFire CREE 1*XM-L T6 + 2*XP-G R5 4-Mode 1000-Lumen 3-LED White Bicycle Bike Light - 4*18650 (2S2P) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

My finger has been twitching on this niteye B30 clone.
Not quite all the bells and whistles of the B30 but same 3 leds for around an amazing fifth of the price!
I expect the battery pack to be pants but still an amazing light for the money.
Really like the versatility of this 3 light set up.

I've been reading lots on torches recently and Chinese is def the way to go.
Good Torches are fine for off-road use but often too much glare for motorists when used on-road.
That 3-headed one is a beaut, but too dedicated for me, at the moment. I have several lesser-powered lights for bike and general purpose use, the total of them is more than adequate. When I come to really upgrade the e-bike lighting I'll fit one of the 27W worklight spots, like Alex has done.
In the meantime, I couldn't resist the TK35 clone - I mean, for €25 delivered, who could? I wanted one as soon as I saw it a few weeks ago, the two-cell tandem body is just better than a long one.
Practical NEW-117 CREE XM-L T6 LED 1000 LM Flashlight (2 x 18650 Battery) - 18650 flashlight - Lights-box.com

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
When I come to really upgrade the e-bike lighting I'll fit one of the 27W worklight spots, like Alex has done.
I know you've got some, Dave - if anyone else wants one (I had to buy 2 but only need one for eBike), let me know as it's going spare.

Justafan

Apr 9, 2013
That 3-headed one is a beaut, but too dedicated for me, at the moment. I have several lesser-powered lights for bike and general purpose use, the total of them is more than adequate. When I come to really upgrade the e-bike lighting I'll fit one of the 27W worklight spots, like Alex has done.
In the meantime, I couldn't resist the TK35 clone - I mean, for €25 delivered, who could? I wanted one as soon as I saw it a few weeks ago, the two-cell tandem body is just better than a long one.
Practical NEW-117 CREE XM-L T6 LED 1000 LM Flashlight (2 x 18650 Battery) - 18650 flashlight - Lights-box.com
Nice one Dave,
Good luck with it.
I too couldn't resist any more and pulled the trigger- on the 3 header. I also found a 5% discount code, total cost under £30.
I have some total dark unlit roads, so do need the flexibility of 'dipping' which this light should give me.
Read a lot of good reports about Fasttec's service and delivery speed.
I'll try do a review when I've had it a while.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Nice one Dave,
Good luck with it.
I too couldn't resist any more and pulled the trigger- on the 3 header. I also found a 5% discount code, total cost under £30.
I have some total dark unlit roads, so do need the flexibility of 'dipping' which this light should give me.
Read a lot of good reports about Fasttec's service and delivery speed.
I'll try do a review when I've had it a while.
I'd be interested to see how that does in real-life lumens and beam spread, etc. It certainly looks the part.
I've been haunting the Fasttech site for weeks, adding things to my wishlist, clearing it out again, back and forth. Will it never end? Will I actually buy something? Who knows?
I've just received the C8 special from Aurabuy, for 7.99usd (fantastic light, but a pain with the modes) and a Sipik SK68 clone from Lights-Box, which is amazingly good with just an AA NiMh in it.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Well, the TK35 Klone arrived last week and I've had a play with it most nights. By all accounts it's not as bright as the genuine article and pulse-width modulation makes itself known on the low settings, but by crackey it's a bloody good handful of light for all that.
The annoying flashy/SOS modes stay out of the way until you need them and they're easily accessed when that point comes. The strobe mode is a two-step striking strobe which would disorientate someone if you let them have it in the face, I would think.
I'm impressed; so much so that I'll get another one when funds permit.
This is an identical one from a different, cheaper source; the review covers it well.
Review: UniqueFire UF-F10 (Fenix TK35 clone) | BudgetLightForum.com