Front wheel removalp

Bigfoot

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 5, 2022
Hi everyone. Bit of panic stations. We have 2 bikes a gazelle grenoble c7 2020. Kalkhoff agattu 2019. We also have the excelent Thule veloslide bike rack. Unfortunatley the bikes are to tall to get in the door. Have ordered tbe fork mounts to fut the bike to the rack without the front wheel in. My agattu has quick detach front spindle and the front rim brake has the lever to quick detach the brake to remove the wheel. The gazzelle has nuts holding the axle in thats easy enough.
BUT the Rim brakes have no lever to quick detach. You cant remove the wheel without deflating the tyre. I have read the gazelle instruction manual online no mention of removing the brakes ? I have read on here that fiddling with hydraulic rim brakes can be problematic. Is there a way without dismantling the brakes etc. The bikes will be stored in the motorhome garage, but will be used so whats the best way forward? Thanks

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Hi everyone. Bit of panic stations. We have 2 bikes a gazelle grenoble c7 2020. Kalkhoff agattu 2019. We also have the excelent Thule veloslide bike rack. Unfortunatley the bikes are to tall to get in the door. Have ordered tbe fork mounts to fut the bike to the rack without the front wheel in. My agattu has quick detach front spindle and the front rim brake has the lever to quick detach the brake to remove the wheel. The gazzelle has nuts holding the axle in thats easy enough.
BUT the Rim brakes have no lever to quick detach. You cant remove the wheel without deflating the tyre. I have read the gazelle instruction manual online no mention of removing the brakes ? I have read on here that fiddling with hydraulic rim brakes can be problematic. Is there a way without dismantling the brakes etc. The bikes will be stored in the motorhome garage, but will be used so whats the best way forward? Thanks
Probably deflate, remove wheel and have either a massive track pump style hand pump or an electric pump so that the unwelcome task is as painless as possible. And Schrader valves.

Are you missing much height? I imagine modifying the door is a non-starter.

Does the rack make the difference between fitting and not?