Frustrated with Swytch

JulianTO

Just Joined
Jan 5, 2024
Oh I so wish they were better.
Upgraded to the newer Air Battery last year and of course the battery etc does not sit well on my handlebars with all the other brakes etc. So I ordered a bottom bracket holder instead. That took over three months to arrive ( with reminders to Swytch ). Then that kit has the basic extension cables but not ones for the throttle or brake. Yes, those are optional but no mention on the website or on the ordering process that I would need those cables.

After a service enquiry they agreed I could order some cables and sent an invoice for payment - which I duly did via Paypal.
Now they say they cannot find the records of the payment - I have sent them a pdf of the Paypal invoice.

In the meantime the cables can be found on Amazon - in fact slightly longer ones and no need to join two of the Swytch ones to make enough length.
The price - a fraction of the Swytch price - arrived the following day and installed in minutes. They are an exact match and fit.
May I suggest others go the Amazon way ? I wish it was not the best and quickest but it is.

• Useful
Reactions: flecc

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
You only had to google "swytch reviews" before buying, learned the hard way !

I wonder how many 5* revews have any idea what other options were available to compare them with.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I wonder how many 5* revews have any idea what other options were available to compare them with.
Good point, but didn't you say that you had only tried one crappy hub-motor bike before deciding on your one, then you succumbed to the hype. As you point out about reviews, you never know the motives and experience of the reviewers.

If anybody ever looks at Trustpilot reviews, be aware that the fake ones always mention somebody's name because that's what they're told to do to make it sound authentic, so look out for that.