FS: Raleigh Motus Low Step 2014

Black Dog

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
My wife and I bought e-bikes in 2014. Mine has had a lot of use, but sadly due to her health she has hardly used her Motus at all, and we have decided to sell. 39 (thirty-nine) miles only and in virtually as-new condition. Battery has been regularly given a maintenance top-up (as per the handbook) and is showing full charge.

For those who don't know the model, it's tall and upright, similar to a Dutch bike. Leisurely and graceful, rather than sporty. It has a Bosch crank drive and 400 Wh battery. Raleigh claim up to 180 km in Eco mode. Bike has 7-speed Shimano gears and hydraulic rim brakes, suspension forks and seat post. Included are dynamo front & rear lights, stand, mini-pump and rack. There are four assistance modes (Eco, Tour, Sport, Turbo) with walk assist function. All original documents, charger etc included.

Full spec here.

It's beautifully-made and a quality product, and if it wasn't a low-step I would be keeping it. However, it needs to go to someone who will use and enjoy it. As it has had almost no use, it's going to be a bargain for someone. The bike cost £2000 in 2014, and we are looking for £1000. I'm going to leave it here for a few days (I'd prefer it to go to one of us) and if no interest I will put it on eBay next week.

Bike is located in Pembrokeshire (West Wales). I'd prefer the buyer to collect, but delivery is possibly by arrangement within a reasonable distance. Thanks for reading.

Black Dog

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Now on eBay, item 162239411402. £1250 or best offer.

Correction: 93 miles, not 39.

DouglasXK

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2016
Oxford
We have a friend with a Motus cross bar so we know the bike well and your low step is ideal for my wife. Is there any way of exchanging email/telephone numbers privately on this blog assuming the bike is still for sale ?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Click on the envelope icon top right hand corner to start a private conversation.

Black Dog

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Sale to forum member now agreed. Thanks for looking.