Funny noise

HH66

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2018
I took my Cube Cross hybrid for a ride yesterday and it seems to have developed a clunky rattle which I think is coming from the front wheel. I can only hear it at speed, it continues when I freewheel and I can't seem to recreate it by just spinning the wheel. I thought the mudguard was catching but it's not. I've checked spokes and brakes and can't spot anything wrong. Anybody have any suggestions?

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
I took my Cube Cross hybrid for a ride yesterday and it seems to have developed a clunky rattle which I think is coming from the front wheel. I can only hear it at speed, it continues when I freewheel and I can't seem to recreate it by just spinning the wheel. I thought the mudguard was catching but it's not. I've checked spokes and brakes and can't spot anything wrong. Anybody have any suggestions?
Could still be the spokes, try a drop of oil in each spoke nipple this has worked for me several times. Give them a good tug and check none are actually broken I had one that appeared fine until I moved it

Reactions: HH66

HH66

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2018
Play in front axle - dry forks - play in headset bearings - stem/handlebar bracket bolts loose - attachment on bars loose??????????
Aagh - too much to think about. I'll take it back to the shop!