G tech bike offer

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Just been onto their website. That's a £700 saving. I'd be mighty annoyed if I had bought one at full list. It's only just been launched so obviously not selling very well. Mind you if these are still selling at a profit then it indicates that ebikes are selling at circa 100% markup. Ouch.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
I think they have probably realised it is overpriced and not selling well. It seems that they do not really understand the market. However it doesn,'t look bad at that price

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Shouldn't be amused,but if you do a search on this forum you will see that we predicted that. They thought they could sell an e-bike to impulse sellers like the vacuum cleaners,but most who buy an e-bike do their homework and realised it was overpriced.
Still no gears and small battery is not a good combination if you want help up hills with reasonable range.
My London dealer (London Electric Bike Company) has the Vita Uno 26 up for £695.00,that has a 10Ah battery and 21 gears,nice looking bike,not many left now.
What is the better value?
KudosDave

OXYDrive

Finding my (electric) wheels
Just been onto their website. That's a £700 saving. I'd be mighty annoyed if I had bought one at full list. It's only just been launched so obviously not selling very well. Mind you if these are still selling at a profit then it indicates that ebikes are selling at circa 100% markup. Ouch.
Frankly Gtech at its original price of £1700 was heavily overpriced and I m sure any UK manufacturer would agree with me on that. Can't even find what battery size is that? Anyone? Now at £999 looks not so bad but still seems quite a lot for bike bought online.

I don't think any UK manufacturer operates now on 100% mark up, at least we are far away from this

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Frankly Gtech at its original price of £1700 was heavily overpriced and I m sure any UK manufacturer would agree with me on that. Can't even find what battery size is that? Anyone? Now at £999 looks not so bad but still seems quite a lot for bike bought online.

I don't think any UK manufacturer operates now on 100% mark up, at least we are far away from this
It had a 5Ah battery,I suspect they were operating on a 4 times cost mark up.
KudosDave