G51 Bike Controller

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Would anyone here know how to set up this G51 bike controller. Ive only found 1 post on youtube about it.

The bike has 3 Riding models well I think it means 3 modes.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The seller should be able to help? Should be quite used to doing so, if the bikes ship without manuals.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
The seller should be able to help? Should be quite used to doing so, if the bikes ship without manuals.

All I got was a Manuel to set up the bike parts

it seems you have to buy the Manuel on that link you posted

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
This downloaded manual pretty much says the same as that webpage, plus a bit:

Yeah found that before I checked back here will study it

I was just wondering how to set up each riding mode I know 1st mode is no battery power at all. As the bike has 27 gears anyway. But how do you set the power assist 2nd mode and full electric mode 3

I’ve never had a electric bike like this as last one was very old type lol no meters no PA and no gears

so all this is new to me. Plus with old electric moped I couldn’t use pedals as I am too tall. But will be able to on this bike

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Doesn't seem as though anyone here has used this display? You can open a chat window with your seller and ask for instructions on Amazon by clicking on the seller's name, and then the "Ask a question" button. If it's this one:

...personally, if at all possible I'd ask to return it, and buy a decent secondhand bike and new conversion kit with a good quality battery recommended by battery boffin forumites - I really don't see the attraction of this bike. You can get a refund within 14 days of online purchase. It's illegal cruise mode might kill the battery sooner, if it's a battery made with rubbish Chinese cells, like your Erider's which died a rapid death by throttle:

Power assist level adjustment after the 15 minute mark:

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Doesn't seem as though anyone here has used this display? You can open a chat window with your seller and ask for instructions on Amazon by clicking on the seller's name, and then the "Ask a question" button. If it's this one:

...personally, if at all possible I'd ask to return it, and buy a decent secondhand bike and new conversion kit with a good quality battery recommended by battery boffin forumites - I really don't see the attraction of this bike. You can get a refund within 14 days of online purchase. It's illegal cruise mode might kill the battery sooner, if it's a battery made with rubbish Chinese cells, like your Erider's which died a rapid death by throttle:

Power assist level adjustment after the 15 minute mark:

Hi I take note what you are saying but I can’t be bothered now to take apart the bike after it’s all been built up from the box. I’m too old to be messing with bikes now anyway. I just wanted a bike electric one with pedals as I couldn’t use pedals on the moped as I am too tall. Also like I have said before unless you have had a bike the same then you would know. But it’s just what is spread around don’t buy that bike don’t get that car the cheapest sugar from Tesco lol see what I mean

but thanks for info

Reactions: guerney