Gazelle electric ladies bike?

alan1951

Just Joined
Jul 21, 2018
Hi, Newbie here so on a learning curve. I am contemplating buying my wife a Gazelle electric bike with the Bosch motor in the bottom bracket location. She is a very nervous cyclist who suffers from asthma, would this be a good purchase for her? The bike is 2 years old and has only done 490 miles and the owner has kept the battery charged up. I am looking to get the bike for half of it original purchase price.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Hi, Newbie here so on a learning curve. I am contemplating buying my wife a Gazelle electric bike with the Bosch motor in the bottom bracket location. She is a very nervous cyclist who suffers from asthma, would this be a good purchase for her? The bike is 2 years old and has only done 490 miles and the owner has kept the battery charged up. I am looking to get the bike for half of it original purchase price.
Could be a good option.
However the 'original purchase price' doesn't mean a lot as there often good deals on new e-bikes, so if you want to know if you're getting a bargain, probably a good idea to state the exact model and asking price.

alan1951

Just Joined
Jul 21, 2018
Could be a good option.
However the 'original purchase price' doesn't mean a lot as there often good deals on new e-bikes, so if you want to know if you're getting a bargain, probably a good idea to state the exact model and asking price.

OK, its a Gazelle orange 7, currently at £835 on auction....

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
OK, its a Gazelle orange 7, currently at £835 on auction....
Looks a fairly safe bet!
Good luck with the bidding. I suspect the high confidence level in the seller will raise the price, but if the frame size is correct for the wife, I'd say go for it.

alan1951

Just Joined
Jul 21, 2018
Well that didn't go too well. I bid £1,100 on it as I was going out and it went for £1,390 which was a bit of a surprise. Oh well I'll keep looking...