GBP/EUR

jim Brock

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 25, 2015
Derby
Anyone noticing any price drops on electric bikes due the pound rallying against the Euro ?

Mainly thinking of the Kalkhoff's generally as these come from Germany & with the pound up by at least 10% in the last few months I would have expected to see a drop in prices for them. I need to get a couple of bikes ordered in the next couple of months & have been quite attracted to the Kalkhoffs to be honest.

Can I order them direct from Germany (probably get stung for import duties) & pay in Euro's & take advantage of the exchange rate that way ? I realise about the warranty side of thing's etc but as my bike usage is purely for pleasure a few weeks waiting for something to be replaced wouldn't be the end of the world.

Need 2 bikes so the savings could / would be worthwhile.

Reactions: JohnCade
C

Cyclezee

Hi Jim,

There is no import duty to pay when buying goods from within the EU, but you will almost certainly will have to pay for delivery.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Anyone noticing any price drops on electric bikes due the pound rallying against the Euro ?

Mainly thinking of the Kalkhoff's generally as these come from Germany & with the pound up by at least 10% in the last few months I would have expected to see a drop in prices for them. I need to get a couple of bikes ordered in the next couple of months & have been quite attracted to the Kalkhoffs to be honest.

Can I order them direct from Germany (probably get stung for import duties) & pay in Euro's & take advantage of the exchange rate that way ? I realise about the warranty side of thing's etc but as my bike usage is purely for pleasure a few weeks waiting for something to be replaced wouldn't be the end of the world.

Need 2 bikes so the savings could / would be worthwhile.
It’s possible to have a fault where the bike has to go back to the dealer though. It would cost a bit to send it to Germany fully insured. I agree about seeing some offers at least to reflect the Euro fall.

C

Cyclezee

The price dealer sells for may reflect how they costs when they were ordered from the manufacturer.

I can here people say that a dealer would say that:(

jim Brock

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 25, 2015
Derby
The price dealer sells for may reflect how they costs when they were ordered from the manufacturer.

I can here people say that a dealer would say that:(
I can sympathise with you.

I have been watching the Euro for a while & have been looking at bikes for a couple of months so i would have though most stock would have been sold on by now at the old prices. Some people have been saying get your order in now to avoid disappointment which suggest that they don't have any stock

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
www.radhaus.de
They are quite happy sending your bike directly to the UK.
I was looking at the Haibike sDURO Hardseven SL, including courier to UK, EUR 2,159 or about £1,567 against Martin's price of £1,849.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
www.radhaus.de
They are quite happy sending your bike directly to the UK.
I was looking at the Haibike sDURO Hardseven SL, including courier to UK, EUR 2,159 or about £1,567 against Martin's price of £1,849.
I wrote to a couple of dealers in Germany who were happy to send bikes to the UK, but Derby Cycles told me that the warranty would remain with the German dealer. It’s the idea of having to send it back for a fault which would put me off.

C

Cyclezee

As far as Cyclezee is concerned, if any bike or conversion kit we sell can be found at a lower retail price anywhere in the world we will match it in the UK.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
they charge you extra EUR 160 to deliver it to the UK. The extra charge gives a fair comparision with bikes bought on internet in the UK. The saving due to exchange rate could be as much as 15% to 20%. The sDURO is a smashing bike for EUR 2k. I can't see any high end Chinese bike compete with it on value for money.